ZT 0230!

RobertK

post tenebras lux
Gold Member
I went to blade show west Friday/Saturday. Is want by the ZT/Kershaw booth and checked out all the knives. I saw one I didn’t recognize and asked to see it. It was the ZT 0230. Anso design I think based on the Monte Carlo? I was helpless to resist. This knife is amazing!

check it out. Also be gentle. I rested my phone on a log and weighted it off the side. I’ve never done a video review.

Cool knife, and props to ZT for doing something different for a change, but MAN that is one ugly, impractical blade shape. If that had something like a 0450 blade I’d love it

Cool knife, and props to ZT for doing something different for a change, but MAN that is one ugly, impractical blade shape. If that had something like a 0450 blade I’d love it
Wut? Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, but it's a simple sheepsfoot blade, doesn't get much more practical or utilitarian than that.

And I'm sort of amazed, ZT has finally made a knife that I genuinely want. Kudos to them!

Wut? Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, but it's a simple sheepsfoot blade, doesn't get much more practical or utilitarian than that.

And I'm sort of amazed, ZT has finally made a knife that I genuinely want. Kudos to them!
It sure is! As I find the knife ugly and have absolutely zero interest in purchasing.

The sheepsfoot blade is pretty popular on traditional knives...why would it be "impractical" on a modern slipjoint?
Impractical for me at least. My daily knife use requires something with a tip. Looks good for slicing up some ham tho....I know everyone has different tastes, just not my style...still glad they’re doing something different, I am a big fan of ZT knives

Last edited:
I would happily buy a ZT slip joint, but IMO the 0230 suffers the same insta-nope fate that most Anso designs do for me by way of the inclusion of that fugly Anso hoop in the design. It may be some weird personal thing, but I hate that on every knife I see with it.

I would happily buy a ZT slip joint, but IMO the 0230 suffers the same insta-nope fate that most Anso designs do for me by way of the inclusion of that fugly Anso hoop in the design. It may be some weird personal thing, but I hate that on every knife I see with it.
I agree. Wish they ditched that and included a deep carry clip. For people who wouldn’t want a clip they could just remove it.

I agree. Wish they ditched that and included a deep carry clip. For people who wouldn’t want a clip they could just remove it.
But then there would be fugly holes all over a slip joint (because if they're going to add a clip, it has to be 4 position adjustable so nobody whines that it doesn't work for the way they want to carry - R,L,U,D)

I went to blade show west Friday/Saturday. Is want by the ZT/Kershaw booth and checked out all the knives. I saw one I didn’t recognize and asked to see it. It was the ZT 0230. Anso design I think based on the Monte Carlo? I was helpless to resist. This knife is amazing!

check it out. Also be gentle. I rested my phone on a log and weighted it off the side. I’ve never done a video review.

See this is how you do a video review. No stupid music, weird logos and annoying voices. It wasn't 15 minutes of some dude filling time by blabbing endlessly about useless facts or the merits of the box coloring or what he had for dinner. Under a minute and a half even! Bravo good sir, bravo.

See this is how you do a video review. No stupid music, weird logos and annoying voices. It wasn't 15 minutes of some dude filling time by blabbing endlessly about useless facts or the merits of the box coloring or what he had for dinner. Under a minute and a half even! Bravo good sir, bravo.

you’re very kind. I mean I love knife reviews. I wasn’t trying to replicate the guys I really like hehe.

seemed I got lucky and got this knife before it was available broadly, and my initial impressions are *hyperventilate awesome* and I wanted to share.

I actually dig this one. I would like a pocket clip on it for my personal needs, but I would rather buy this than any of the knives they have released in the last couple of years.

Now.that's how a video review is supposed to be! Thank you sir.for your efforts. They are much appreciated. Knife.is not.for me but impeccable presentation!
James

Back