1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZT 0393 Customization Options

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by thecigarguy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. thecigarguy

thecigarguy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Have a ZT 0393 and thinking about anodizing it. What pieces can be anodized? Just the scales or are the factory provided filler tab, pocket clip and pivot screw all titanium as well?

Thanks for your help. Thinking of a green color.

2. jwh720

jwh720 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2016
    You can ano the scales and thats it. You can buy a hinderer clip and fillertab and have those anoed to match. The hinderer tab and clip will fit the 0393

thecigarguy likes this.
  3. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I put a flamed hinderer clip and filler tab on my Bronze 393 sprint run and love it!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigKurtHaze and thecigarguy like this.
  4. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Thanks @jwh720 and @TheFactor

What about the pivot screw? Is that replaceable or anodizable?

5. mr2blue

mr2blue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I would love to see a ti back spacer

TheFactor likes this.
  6. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Replaceable I’m sure

7. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I took off the coating of the Tab and the Clip, to me underneath it looks like raw Titanium rather than steel, I'm not sure if there is a way to test it other than trying to anodize it. I could see if it's magnetic at all, since Ti is weakly magnetic and steel is much more magnetic, beyond that, I can't help. Sorry :oops:

Otto Carpenter and TheFactor like this.
  8. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    thanks @b00n

yeah I was wondering if I could strip them and anodize them, just might try it

9. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
  10. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    It's dark gray underneath:
    [​IMG]
    (The Pivot Screw is a Hinderer I had leftover, I didn't strip the original screw)

11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    That’s one of many things I love about these 393’s is they except hinderer hardware :thumbsup: and to me you can’t beat a factory finish .

12. Otto Carpenter

Otto Carpenter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Hey, boon, is the coating DLC or just paint? Did you use a fine grit sandpaper to strip the clip and tab?

13. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    I would say it was paint, I used a media/sand blaster to strip both clean of it. I tried stripping DLC (ZT 0562 Screws) and that didn't work at all with the blaster, the 0393 Clip/Tab came off with it very easily and looked more like paint coming off.

14. Otto Carpenter

Jun 24, 2016
    It sure looks like paint and yours looks better stripped of it. I don't have a sand blaster but I was thinking of doing the same. I saw one modder strip the clip, tab and pivot assembly and it added a nice accent to the overall appearance. He took it one step further and took the blue ano off so he ended up with a sort of "working finish." It looked good. Thanks for the reply.:thumbsup:

15. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    No problem, looking at how it came off it shouldn't be too elbow grease intense with some sandpaper.

16. Hkjay

Hkjay Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I modded both of mine with the Hinderer hardware,DLT trading usually has a good selection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Otto Carpenter likes this.
  17. Otto Carpenter

Jun 24, 2016
    They look great, but Hinderer hardware is priced beyond what I was comfortable with. $80 for a clip/tab and pivot screw (as you know). Does make the overall look nicer, though.

18. Tankboyt

Tankboyt

Jan 4, 2018
    What Hinderer pivot screws are compatible?thinking of getting one want to make sure I order the right one.

19. DRLyman

DRLyman

Jun 25, 2016
  20. Tankboyt

Tankboyt

Jan 4, 2018