ZT 0470

First knife review.
Received this knife the other day and am so glad I ordered it. Have been looking for a knife with a blade under 3 1/2" yet over 3" for my EDC. Weight was also a factor and wanted the handle to fit my large hands. My small Sebanza was to small for my EDC and most of my other knives did not meet exactly what I wanted. I must have over 50 folders that I have collected over the years and have carried quite a few. Never quite satisfied after carrying any for length of time. Blade to handle ratio is about average. Not to much advertising on the knife with none on the pocket clip. Not a low rider clip. Could be a negative for some although it does ride well in the pocket at this time for me and is not so stiff that it should destroy your pocket. Will check with ZT or make one myself to see if I like it better on this knife. I like some others would change off every week or so to another knife.
Nice gimping on the blade, back spacer and lower part of the handle in the back.
This knife comes in with a blade length of 3.4" and a weight of 3.3 oz.
I don't even feel it in my pocket. The blade length is not to large nor to small for me.
I have read some statements here that some had problems with the grind of the blade. They might have been the early ones put out for sale and if this is the case ZT should know better as others read about this knife here. The serial number on mine is 0519. The grind on the blade is perfect. One of the sharpest knives I have ever purchased. Pops arm hair with ease right out of the box.
The carbon fiber dropped in resin gives the show side a nice touch. This inlay can be removed and replaced if so inclined. I might try desert ironwood or something in the hardwood field in the future for something different.
The knife flips open using the light switch method and closes with just a slight flip of the hand after getting pass the detent. The knife is made very well like most all knives by ZT. No sharp edges, reversible pocket clip and the shape of the handle makes for a nice purchase. I did flush out the bearings with WD40. Then used compressed air to remove the WD40 and lubed with M-Pro 7 Gun lube. About 5 passes, each side, on a leather strop loaded with 0.50 diamond spray. Now even smoother then out of the box and Crazy sharp. Most all new knives I buy gets a new edge right away but this one is staying like it is until it stops cutting like it does now. I do have others that open and close easier but this one is no slouch in that area. Still needs some time to break in. All in all I am very happy with this knife and can see it being my EDC for a long time.

Now for the technical specs.
  • Made in the USA
  • KVT ball-bearing opening system
  • Flipper
  • Reversible clip (left/right, tip-up)
  • Titanium frame lock, hardened steel lockbar insert
  • Steel: CPM 20CV, stonewashed & machine satin finish
  • Handle: Stonewashed titanium, marbled carbon fiber front insert
  • Blade Length: 3.4 in. (8.6 cm)
  • Blade Thickness: 0.121 in. (0.307 cm)
  • Closed Length: 4.4 in. (11.2 cm)
  • Overall Length: 7.8 in. (19.8 cm)
RRP_0001-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review! I will get mine Wednesday with “Sinterklaas” the dutch Santa :)
Do you know if there is a deep carry clip available?

Nice review! I will get mine Wednesday with “Sinterklaas” the dutch Santa :)
Do you know if there is a deep carry clip available?
New member here. First post. Newbie collector during the past year. I recently purchased the 0470cf and it came with an off centered blade. Tried unscrewing the frame screws, tightening the pivot, pushing the blade over and re-tightening the frame screws to center the blade, but stripped a screw and still didn’t get the blade centered. Mailed the knife back to ZT for help on both issues. Much to my pleasant surprise, three weeks later I received the knife back with the screw replaced and the blade centered perfectly. I now have 22 knives and this 0470cf takes the prize for my most beautiful knife with the Benchmade Mini Crooked River coming in second. Happy with the knife and very happy with ZT customer service.

Back