Zt 0900

Just received my ZT 0900--and I'm very pleased with it. I'm also very pleased with the service and transaction that facilitated my latest acquisition--you may recognize his screen name here on BF... Whitty, of usamadeblade.com. Since this is not a full blown review, I'm posting in general; it's just some initial pics of the little monster and some well deserved praise for Scott. If the mods think it ought to be elsewhere, that's fine, feel free to move the thread--my apologies in advance.

First the knife, which was anodized with a faint blue wash--a very nice touch Scott did in-house (of his own volition), and posted the knife for sale on his site for no additional charge. I was a little reluctant at first due to the small size (I'm used to Emersons), but the stoutness and the ergos make it a very comfy (and generally legal) option--for under $200, you get generous slabs of Ti, KVT bearings, a very snappy flipper, and an S35vn blade with enough tip, belly, spine, and the right geometry to get lots done.

Pics: I compared it to my Busse Game Warden; the 0900 is almost like a folding version of the Game Warden. Since carrying a fixed blade is illegal in the city of Los Angeles (I'm pretty sure; and if it's not, open carry will just invite unwanted attention), and there is a 3" blade restriction on folders--the 0900 is the closest thing to carrying my GW.

v2wxol.jpg

6ia1pf.jpg

sazgn4.jpg

wi26xf.jpg

2ahgqjq.jpg

2ep5092.jpg

There you have it. As for the transaction--the shipping was very, very fast, and the communication was excellent. At first email--then phone. I called because I was actually going to return the knife. It turns out that the pocket clip was not touching the Ti scale; I've seen this before, but in this knife's case, the space was just enough to provide very poor retention. I thought of just removing an bending the clip a bit, but was worried that I'd mess it up and be faced with hassles. After speaking with Scott, he assured me that he would send me a new clip/no charge if I fouled up the adjustment. I fixed the clip, retention in fine... it's a keeper. I appreciate him taking the time to speak with me and assuring me he'd help me out if I was unhappy with the knife--even keeping open the possibility of a return.

So, the ZT 0900 is a great little (big) knife, and usamadeblade.com is a great merchant--buy with confidence!

Back