ZT 2018 LINEUP

For some unbeknownst to me reason ZT does not have an official presence here. Does any one know or have any insight of what is in store for 2018 ZT lineup? If so post here.

Probably overly thick behind the edge over built Tactical bearing flippers of high quality targeted at the gun market.
ZT always releases their new knives at Shot Show.
case in point.

ZT left and are at usn. They left because they couldn't handle people who complained about various things.

Last edited:
Probably overly thick behind the edge over built Tactical bearing flippers of high quality targeted at the gun market.

ZT left and are at usn. They left because they couldn't handle people who complained about various things.
Overbuilt has not been the direction zt has been trending. The opposite in fact.

If the 2018 info was out there would have been a thread about it already.

Last edited:

What are you going on about? None of the 2017 releases were tactical knives. Why is it that you appear to be excessively salty over ZT Knives?

Also, as stated above ZT normally releases their 2018 models at Shot Show 2018.

Last edited:
What are you going on about? None of the 2017 releases were tactical knives. Why is it that you appear to be excessively salty over ZT Knives?

Also, as stated above ZT normally releases their 2018 models at Shot Show 2018.
I'm not sure your statement is accurate either. That one knife had gun barrels on it. Another was a huge ti frame lock. Then the multi compound grind. The truth is somewhere between you two.

In general though, it is clear zt is moving away from overbuilt, good or bad is subjective individualy. As a company though, they will do what is best for them.

ZT always releases their new knives at Shot Show. I am sure as soon as that comes up there will be plenty of info about what is coming. I have heard rumors that 2018 will have the most knives of any ZT release to date. That will give some of you guys more fun stuff to argue about:D

ZT always releases their new knives at Shot Show. I am sure as soon as that comes up there will be plenty of info about what is coming. I have heard rumors that 2018 will have the most knives of any ZT release to date. That will give some of you guys more fun stuff to argue about:D
And argue we will! But seriously, I'd like to see a good range of offerings with something for everyone. If the numbers you are hearing are true, that can only be a good thing.

Very likely that we won't see the new models until a SHOT show debut.

Edit: Whitty beat me to it.

I love zt knives. I just don't like using them because a tactical knife is for fighting. I'm a user so I prefer knives that slice.

Don't get me wrong they are amazing quality, construction, materials, etc. The action is one of the best in the industry. I've never said anything other than this.

My 0850 is rather annoying being that it's focused on the gun market ie it's revolver back spacer and pivot and the thumb stud is not functional it's more art. And has an unsafe weak detent I haven't sent in to fix yet. But it's whatever. I enjoy carrying it for edc tasks still.

You guys cry over all sorts of stuff people say.

I like ZT too but already get to a point that I feel most ZTs are unnecessarily overbuilt. Is it possible, for example, to reduce the thickness of both the blade and the handle scales of ZT 0562 by 1/3 to 1/2 (but without reducing the length proportionally)? Or maybe doing so the lockbar would be too thin to make the lock reliably secure? Take a comparison of the handles of of Spyderco fluted titanium Military and ZT0562cf or ZT 0801.

On the topic - maybe it is time to invite KAI back to bladeforums.

RamZar generally knows the entire lineup, complete with beautiful pics and specs.
He'll be around when the time comes. Of course, Whitty is a great source also.

Didn’t they leave over the whole “burnt elmax” suggestion, from the 550 series? And criticisms of their HT and non-spyderco-ness? Overbuilt is their mission statement! But I enjoy a few of their mainstream models, though they are a pain to regrind(because they are so thick), and seem to run steel like CT’s-204p way too soft.

I’m excited for this year. The only ZT that has really compelled me recently is the 0460, which I haven’t bought due to lack of funds but still.

2018 ZT wishes.

No more goofball knife designs. No one was asking for a persian-style edc or a compound grind retractable flipper. Get Sinkovich to reign it in and you'll hit plenty of home-runs. 0452, 0450, and 0456 (and all their derivatives) are proof of this concept.

ZT's strength is very similar to Spyderco at this point. We as a community trust their execution, materials, and finish. ZT's next move is to get creative, but not outlandish, and don't try too hard. A lot of 2017 ZT's smacked of trying too hard, ZT055 being example 1A. Keep it simple, keep it fresh, and keep it usable.

I bought the majority of ZT's 2016 lineup in one form or another, and then bought zero knives from them in 2017. Tone down the nonsense in 2018 and you'll empty my wallet once again.

Back