ZT 2018 LINEUP

Didn't somebody mention them saying something along the lines of "There will be more knives over the course of the year but we'll release information shortly before they will drop instead of announcing the years lineup in January all together" ?

I think all 3 are nice, but really like the 609. I generally never take apart knives any more so I'm not worried about screws stripping out of titanium are special pivot tools. I just wash them then apply oil and I'm good to go.

For some reason, I don't feel the 0609 translated well from its Limited Edition sibling. .121" thick stock, I guess is fine with its size, but is unlike zt. The milling looked better in its multicolored form with carbon fiber. I think they overdid the milling. Doesn't look as clean. Maybe its the pattern and the all gold.

I think the 0462 hits the spot with its new size.

As for the 0393, that g10 overlay bothers me.

It improves the grip, lowers the weight compared to having full-thickness titanium liners, and it screams for after-market overlays for customization. Sounds awesome to me :)

I like all three and plan to buy all three! At least we do not see weirdos like some of last years. Just wish 0393 has cf inlay and 0609 has a different handle color or just like that of 0606. Glad to see a larger version of 0460.

I think all 3 are nice, but really like the 609. I generally never take apart knives any more so I'm not worried about screws stripping out of titanium are special pivot tools. I just wash them then apply oil and I'm good to go.

The ZTs that have a metal liner under the scale, that liner is actually stainless steel. I hadn’t taken apart my 620 for a while and when I lifted the CF scale off there was rust forming on the side under that Cf. Luckily it is not a visible part of the knife so i easily just buffed it off. The truth is if you don’t take your knives apart rust can develop where you can’t see.

All 3 new ZT models are full titanium frame lock with steel lock bar insert and KVT bearings flipper. I believe all have had the internals of the titanium milled to reduce weight.

... I believe all have had the internals of the titanium milled to reduce weight.

This is great to see coming back, and was a nice surprise to me on the 0452ti. Was hoping to see an 0456cf, but a milled out sprint would be nice.

This is great to see coming back, and was a nice surprise to me on the 0452ti. Was hoping to see an 0456cf, but a milled out sprint would be nice.

Almost everything about the 0456 is great but at 6.6 ounces for a 3.25" blade length it personally makes it impractical for EDC. Great candidate for weight reduction.

The ZTs that have a metal liner under the scale, that liner is actually stainless steel. I hadn’t taken apart my 620 for a while and when I lifted the CF scale off there was rust forming on the side under that Cf. Luckily it is not a visible part of the knife so i easily just buffed it off. The truth is if you don’t take your knives apart rust can develop where you can’t see.
Truth. The stainless liners under zts scales rust. I've seen it on every one of their knives that has a liner. Hence why I prefer linerless.

Truth. The stainless liners under zts scales rust. I've seen it on every one of their knives that has a liner. Hence why I prefer linerless.

Me too. Eventually I am going to have to get a liner delete scale for my 620 since it runs on washers.

Also my 0560 cf is the first version where it has the intensely skeletonized liner, that seems to let better air flow preventing rust.

Still gotta take apart my 0562 and see what’s good under there.

Me too. Eventually I am going to have to get a liner delete scale for my 620 since it runs on washers.

Also my 0560 cf is the first version where it has the intensely skeletonized liner, that seems to let better air flow preventing rust.

Still gotta take apart my 0562 and see what’s good under there.
The less places for water the better, I love titanium for its corrosion resistance. My a15 has titanium on both sides and g10 inserts. I never worry about rust.

Another spot that rusts is the bearings, I've seen it on a few zt knives. I wish they'd use stainless bearings.

For some reason, I don't feel the 0609 translated well from its Limited Edition sibling. .121" thick stock, I guess is fine with its size, but is unlike zt. The milling looked better in its multicolored form with carbon fiber. I think they overdid the milling. Doesn't look as clean. Maybe its the pattern and the all gold.

I think the 0462 hits the spot with its new size.

100% how I feel.

I love the 0462. Not a huge fan of the 0609. I keep flipping back and forth on the 0393.

The spec sheet says the 0393 has a steel lock insert..... not seeing it?

Uhm...the 0609 is listed as 3.3 oz....I’m definately in if that’s true. The clip-side milling looks like a pocket shredder though. Here’s to hoping it’s done well in person!

I am pretty optimistic about ZT this year. Many, myself included, have hoped to see production versions of the 0392 and the 606. I had also been hoping for a Spanto of some sort. I think these are three strong offerings, and I expect more. I am not a big fan of the anodized colors, but that isn't a deal-breaker. I fully expect they will release some toned-down models akin the 0300 series, as well as some more off-the-wall models like the 0055. Hopefully something for everyone.

Back