ZT 2018 LINEUP

Any initial impressions of the 0462? Some people must have them by now.

Got mine today, but so far I've only had time to give it a brief initial inspection. My first impressions are generally favorable. Mine is centered and flips very well. I'm not sure yet how I'll like the very curved handle on it. It feels a bit odd to me right now, but some familiarity through use might change that. As it stands, if I could only keep my 0452 or the 0462 and had to choose immediately I'd keep the 0452.

Reactions: AF
Thanks for the notes.
I think sometimes a curved handle can feel odd because of the imbalance. The added weight toward the lower half can be noticeable when gripped gently and used in a sideways cut. The knife feels like it wants to be straight up and down. I hope that makes sense! I have no idea if that's the issue you're referring to though.

I have owned more than twenty ZT's. I only have kept one...the ZT 0770CF in M390. It is a joy to hold and to operate, even though the grip is a bit too short for my large hand.
I would buy more...something like the 0095s90BLK. I had one nib, and planned to send it off to shorten the grip to 4.5 or so inches...in order to reduce the weight to a more comfortable weight of 4.5 oz or so. The blade was decently thin enuf, but would prefer 0.100" thickness much better for my casual use, or at least hollow-grind the blade so that it will slice an apple instead of wedging it off as so many blades do these days.

I picked up the 462 a couple days ago so far i'm loving it, it is the smoothest ZT i've had (out of maybe 20 or so). To me it is the perfect size and with that size it is very light, the Ti is incredibly skeletonized. The pocket clip isn't the best but it is much better looking than the 452. Overall I prefer it to the 452 due to the lighter weight and slightly shorter blade (3.7-4in is about perfect for me). I never seem to hold on to ZTs for very long but so far I'm thinking the 462 will be joining my 804cf as my keeper ZTs.
Untitled by Danny Nystrom, on Flickr

Nice pic! The design strikes me as fairly unique and the light weight is the clincher.

Thanks for the notes.
I think sometimes a curved handle can feel odd because of the imbalance. The added weight toward the lower half can be noticeable when gripped gently and used in a sideways cut. The knife feels like it wants to be straight up and down. I hope that makes sense! I have no idea if that's the issue you're referring to though.

I think it's more just different than I'm used to, at least in a folder. And I'm not saying that I dislike it at all. It just feels a little different, while the 0452 felt almost immediately familiar. Time will tell. It may well become a great favorite once I've gotten more familiar with it.

Reactions: AF
Nice pic, Seneca18. The 462 is the next knife on my list.
Is that other knife a Fox of some sort. Very clean and pleasing design on the one, as well.

Nice pic, Seneca18. The 462 is the next knife on my list.
Is that other knife a Fox of some sort. Very clean and pleasing design on the one, as well.
It's a Shirogorov, not sure about the model though. F95 maybe? Or 111?

What type of pivot does the 0462 use? Is it just a captive pivot, on the scale side and a Torx bit on the lock side?

So disappointed in the 2018 offerings I bought a 2017 one, a 0801ti.....have to blow off steam somehow.
i had the exact same reaction, to look backwards. In doing so i made a pleasant discovery: initially i passed on the 0220 because i didn't care for the loud rescue-orange backspacer/lanyard hole. But apparently last year they decided to turn it black! much better looking now IMO, and I think it is now my favorite ZT to date.

As far as this year, the word on the street is we will see many more releases throughout the year. I would love to see a mid-size 3.5ish Shirogorov collaboration, that would be sweet! If Sinkevich can do it then why not shiro? o_O

Last edited:
i had the exact same reaction, to look backwards. In doing so i made a pleasant discovery: initially i passed on the 0220 because i didn't care for the loud rescue-orange backspacer/lanyard hole. But apparently last year they decided to turn it black! much better looking now IMO, and I think it is now my favorite ZT to date.

As far as this year, the word on the street is we will see many more releases throughout the year. I would love to see a mid-size 3.5ish Shirogorov collaboration, that would be sweet! If Sinkevich can do it then why not shiro? o_O

The price almost kept me from buying last year's 0850. But I bit the bullet, and it's now my favorite non-flipper ZT I own. Ok, maybe a little disclosure is warranted.....It's my only non-flipper ZT.

But I am feeling a little pull to try out all three of the early 2018 releases. I'm not in a rush, but really want to strip the factory ano, and try a little crazy color.

Had to have 0393 and after searching many dealers that showed out of stock or only accepting pre-orders I finally found a dealer with them in stock .
Can’t wait to get this little jewel in hand.
Really like that it’ll except Some Hinderer bling to lol .

Last edited:
If you get the time, maybe you could post a few close ups of it (Maybe in the just pics of knives thread) ? I really like the look of those scales. :thumbsup:

I'll send you a PM, the picture is not of my knife but I have the exact same one.

I'm real sad Kershaw got the Sinkevich Cannabis collaboration instead of ZT with the Concierge....

I'll send you a PM, the picture is not of my knife but I have the exact same one.

I'm real sad Kershaw got the Sinkevich Cannabis collaboration instead of ZT with the Concierge....

Appreciate that! The 111 with the Fuller and 3D CF is one of my grail knives, but I dig blue on knives so I am not opposed to Blue Twill :D
/Edit: And don't fret, the year is still ongoing, so who knows what ZT might have up their sleeve, especially for Bladeshow. *optimist mode engaged*

Truth! Kershaw actually made some very good looking blades this year, there are a handful I would have loved to see in ZT quality

Reactions: Mo2
I'm hoping they show off some good stuff at Blade show.
As much as I love a pretty knife, I'm really wanting some new hard-use classic ZT, at least a couple.
Their whole marketing seems to be toward hard work knives, LEO, and military personnel and yet the last 2 years we haven't gotten anything like that except maybe the 393. I don't think we need all black tactical knives, but something that wouldn't look silly in the hands of a LEO (can you imagine how out of place a ZT0462 would look?).
That said I really want a pretty Shiro collab.. :p

yet the last 2 years we haven't gotten anything like that except maybe the 393.

0801Ti, 0804CF, 0220, 0909, 0450CF, 0095BW, 0562BLK ? I admit that 2017 wasn't the year for it, but 2016 had a number, in my opinion of course.

Back