ZT 2018 LINEUP

OK. The new lineup as far as I can tell contains a few new designs and the rest of the models seem to be variations of existing models. I watched a few YouTube video's about this and they all see to agree that it was slim pikins so far for 2018.
New blade Steel and few rockin new models from a stellar knife manufacturer like ZT
And I’m happy as a camper could be guess I’m easy lol .

2018 ZT wishes.

No more goofball knife designs. No one was asking for a persian-style edc or a compound grind retractable flipper. Get Sinkovich to reign it in and you'll hit plenty of home-runs. 0452, 0450, and 0456 (and all their derivatives) are proof of this concept.

ZT's strength is very similar to Spyderco at this point. We as a community trust their execution, materials, and finish. ZT's next move is to get creative, but not outlandish, and don't try too hard. A lot of 2017 ZT's smacked of trying too hard, ZT055 being example 1A. Keep it simple, keep it fresh, and keep it usable.

I bought the majority of ZT's 2016 lineup in one form or another, and then bought zero knives from them in 2017. Tone down the nonsense in 2018 and you'll empty my wallet once again.

Maybe its time to stop trusting, quality seems to have been cut back to save money. Just got the 0450 FCZDP, so stiff it barely opens. My 0450 CF is great, like a rocket, but that was a while ago. And I was really looking forward to that ZDP-189 blade. Pretty big price for something that opens, just barely, feels like the bearings were lubricated with Loc-tite.

Reactions: Mo2
Maybe its time to stop trusting, quality seems to have been cut back to save money. Just got the 0450 FCZDP, so stiff it barely opens. My 0450 CF is great, like a rocket, but that was a while ago. And I was really looking forward to that ZDP-189 blade. Pretty big price for something that opens, just barely, feels like the bearings were lubricated with Loc-tite.

thats disappointing! did you contact them? I'm sure they will stand behind it. irritating of course, but I've had quite a few over the years and have yet to see anything shoddy. every company makes some mistakes, i can forgive a rare QC miss if they hop to it to fix it.

I'm curious what blade show will bring this weekend. Don't break my heart again ZT

I rcvd my 0450FCZDP today. It seems tiny and I asked ZT to consider a 0452FCZDP, b/c I'd buy two. I am reporting no problems on my 0450FCZDP...the blade opening ROCKETS open! No other term to describe it. The detent is similar to the 0609BLK.

I rcvd my 0450FCZDP today. It seems tiny and I asked ZT to consider a 0452FCZDP, b/c I'd buy two. I am reporting no problems on my 0450FCZDP...the blade opening ROCKETS open! No other term to describe it. The detent is similar to the 0609BLK.
What do you think about it? Worth the $350 thinking about just buying it not what I’m looking for atm but it’s pretty sweet

What do you think about it? Worth the $350 thinking about just buying it not what I’m looking for atm but it’s pretty sweet

My problem is that I do not have many knives that I can legally carry in Illinois. This fits the bill for the state. I need to carry as close to 3 inches and under for Illinois, and 2.5 inches and under for Chicago. If I feel like my life is threatened, I'll be carrying it.

I like it. It looks formidable for the small size that it is, but with ZDP 189, we all know that it's punching above it's weight. I wish that I had the ability to buy two, but I'm expecting delivery of a knife from Blade Show for ~$800+ and I need to have it available this week. If ZT comes out with an 0452FCZDP I know that I'll be buying two, one for myself and one for my brother. The design rocks.

The detent is like the 0609BLK that I have...it takes a pound or two to launch the blade, but when you do it absolutely flies out of the handle. The engraving on the Ti is crisp. I've seen good pictures and bad, but it is nice looking in person.

Other knives which are similar in shape to this blade that I have are the 0609BLK and the Emerson Tactical Kwaiken. I like them all.

My problem is that I do not have many knives that I can legally carry in Illinois. This fits the bill for the state. I need to carry as close to 3 inches and under for Illinois, and 2.5 inches and under for Chicago. If I feel like my life is threatened, I'll be carrying it.

I like it. It looks formidable for the small size that it is, but with ZDP 189, we all know that it's punching above it's weight. I wish that I had the ability to buy two, but I'm expecting delivery of a knife from Blade Show for ~$800+ and I need to have it available this week. If ZT comes out with an 0452FCZDP I know that I'll be buying two, one for myself and one for my brother. The design rocks.

The detent is like the 0609BLK that I have...it takes a pound or two to launch the blade, but when you do it absolutely flies out of the handle. The engraving on the Ti is crisp. I've seen good pictures and bad, but it is nice looking in person.

Other knives which are similar in shape to this blade that I have are the 0609BLK and the Emerson Tactical Kwaiken. I like them all.
Yeah good point it is rather small may just wait and see if a 452 comes out

My problem is that I do not have many knives that I can legally carry in Illinois.
Pretty sure there is no length laws in Illinois except for Chicago. The law was changed some time ago iirc. I carry 4" blades all the time.

This is excellent news!!!
How I now start imagining you :D
D5tSrfn.gif

Any pics of new ones this morning? We have boots on the ground at blade, come on somebody! :D

Its nice but.. is that it? Just one new one for Blade Show?
Been waiting since the disappointing Shot show reveal.. at least Spyderco is killing it this year!

Back