ZT 707 coming 6/16!

Cookie cutters still in production. But I have seen ZT mugs, shot glasses, and drink mixers. Although, I'd bet their website currently uses "cookies".

They need to hit a homerun with this one, to redeem the epic disaster they call the 0223.

The 0223? Hmm, great materials and craftsmanship. Sure, the design may not be for everyone but it's still a rock solid knife. As far as an epic disaster, I'm still waiting on the numerous reports of blades breaking at the holes.

Did you by any chance pick one up??

They need to hit a homerun with this one, to redeem the epic disaster they call the 0223.

Wile it may not have been a Homerun. From everything I've seen & read about it, I would say the 0308 was at least a solid double. Also, the 0357 was a pretty nice ZT-ification of the Kershaw Link. They were essentially what the ZT purists have been clamoring for the past few years. Big, hand filling, hard use folders.

The 0223? Hmm, great materials and craftsmanship. Sure, the design may not be for everyone but it's still a rock solid knife. As far as an epic disaster, I'm still waiting on the numerous reports of blades breaking at the holes.

Did you by any chance pick one up??

No, if I wanted a knife that looked like that I'd head over to the gas station or truck stop and spend $4.99.

Wile it may not have been a Homerun. From everything I've seen & read about it, I would say the 0308 was at least a solid double. Also, the 0357 was a pretty nice ZT-ification of the Kershaw Link. They were essentially what the ZT purists have been clamoring for the past few years. Big, hand filling, hard use folders.
As a "ZT purist", who's favourite knife is the 0301 and has owned dozens of ZT knives over the past few years... I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. Both the 0308 and 0357 were disappointments and not collaborating with Ken Onion was a huge mistake. Not saying they're terrible knives(as they aren't terrible), but not worth upgrading to/buying.

Last edited:
G Gideons
I can understand the sentiment about Ken Onion, I own a 0350, 0301 and a damascus shallot currently and love them. I also have a 0308 and can say that it is a great knife and a great addition to my pile. If you can get to handle one i highly recommend it.

No, if I wanted a knife that looked like that I'd head over to the gas station or truck stop and spend $4.99.

Well then, Driver, there is a Flying J about 50 miles that way - hope you enjoy yourself and keep on going.

best

mqqn

ZT continues to produce great knives. My recent two purchases, 0308 and 0470, are both well built. Granted I still don't understand the pivot holes on 0308 but I can live with it.

All these damn new knives keep getting me. I hope this one sucks... not really, I want it to be awesome, but my wallet and wife are both very unhappy with me.

That's gonna be a nope for me, design just isn't for my aesthetic. It's fine, but I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't dump it if one fell out of the sky either lol

Back