Zt 920

I don't think it would look as good without the recurve. Yes it can make sharpening trickier depending on your method.

I should say, it would make it perfect for me :)

It's a great design for sure...... but you are correct, it would have broader appeal if it didn't have the recurve. I've always wanted a recurve folder and never was able to find one I loved until now

Love this beast.
d3b2b1f4bc05c2df5820bd6b6f04006a.jpg
49d3565f5d40627cfaf7eb6aabb09b9b.jpg
8959227a1b81b67e6787f37b355373ad.jpg
597c32a526b09531477c0cec6d1e1fcb.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the blade shape but it may be a whole different animal in person. But I love the handle and the machining. I like that they did not stick with flat scales with a chamfered edge.

Man all these pictures are killing me. I am not a fan of framelocks, Ti handles, bearings, or recurves, and own zero knives with any of those features, but this ZT is still calling my name. It is the best looking knife I have seen in awhile, and the milling looks excellent. I suspect I will wind up with one...

Honestly using the flat portion of Spyderco sharpmaker rods and freehanding it makes sharpening recurves a snap. The two corners of the flat hit two points on the radius of the recurve and sweep it one after the other. I find it is the perfect system for touching up a recurve.

Regrinding recurves is a whole other story. Eff That.

I love the scimitar/dao blade shape. That tip is one of my favourites in the knife world because it allows for such a thick strong tip with excellent belly. Other knives that prominently feature this style tip are the Emerson CQC-8 and the Spyderco Szabo. I think more knives should feature a dao blade shape tip. On fixed blades you can even sharpen the swedge on a dao/scimitar point. Basically you get all the advantages of a bunch of different tip types. You get the thick tip strength of a tanto, the swedge which can be sharpened of a clip point (without weakening the tip like most clip points do), and the belly of a drop point. The thing it is not ideal for tasks where a hawkbill, sheeps foot, or wharncliffe are better.

Last edited:
It's really not that big of a recurve, guys.

Beautiful design. I need to save for a bit so I can pick one up!

Every time that ZT finally makes a design I can get in to, they put a slight recurve in the blade. Just ruins the whole thing for me.

Back