ZT Emerson tanto model to come out... what ya think?

I was a long time Emerson guy, but I've been slowly selling my blades And all I'm left with is my cqc-10. I seen that ZT is co ing out with an Emerson collaboration using the cqc-7 hat I love. A cqc-7 with frame lock?

I'm definitely getting the ZT620, I just don't know if I want the satin or the coated blade. I look at it as more of a CQC-15 without the recurve, with the Commander's handle, in a Ti framelock. It should be awesome!

It's my most anticipated knife. Doesn't seem to have any release date and I wish it wasn't black coated.

I think it's very reminiscent of his new ETAK B knife.

ETAK-B-Black.jpg

There are a few good and very lengthy discussions on this in GKD. I'm interested in trying the M390 version, it is quite possibly one of the best Emerson designs that I've seen.

I rather have a real Emerson over a KAI knife but that's my opinion...on a side note I think I need me a black and tan ETAK B

I am with ibute21 on this in regards to preference and ETAK-B. Not that impressed with the last 2 ZT's I bought earlier this year.

I got a Kershaw Emerson for my birthday which is a pretty cool knife so I imagine the ZT version would be even nicer. I would like one.

It appears to have a deep carry clip. I have another waved knife that has a deep carry clip and it seems to slow it down. Is it just me who would prefer having some of the knife exposed to grab?

It's a really nice folder but my HD7 rules my pocket with my Jungle Commander as back up.
Ben^ I agree with you, re: deep pocket clip.

Technically, it's not deep carry. But I can see what you mean about having more of the knife exposed like actual Emersons do.

I honestly will stick to the real deal Emerson, by Emerson. Kind of like Colt Pistols, it is either a real Colt 1911, or 1873 Piecemaker, or just another Colt 1911 or 1873 Piecemaker copy.

I honestly will stick to the real deal Emerson, by Emerson. Kind of like Colt Pistols, it is either a real Colt 1911, or 1873 Piecemaker, or just another Colt 1911 or 1873 Piecemaker copy.
- I love my Emersons too, but carbon fiber, titanium frame lock and M390 is not something that Emerson offers at this time.

- I love my Emersons too, but carbon fiber, titanium frame lock and M390 is not something that Emerson offers at this time.

There was a famous Hollywood Character Actor named Jack Elem, aka Lazy Eye Jack.

Jack was asked once in an interview how he know he had made it in Hollywood.

He said when he started acting directors, and those who pick the talent, casting directors would say who is Jack Elem.

Later in his Career those same Casting Directors & Directors would say, I want Jack Elm.

Jack said he knew he made it in Hollywood when the call went out for a Jack Elm Type, as he had finally made it in his mind.

Back