• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT/Kershaw/Kai

I will never buy from this brand again. I have sent my ZT 0560 back to Zero Tolerance three separate times. The first time the lock would fail with minimal pressure. The second time was because the detent had flattened and was rubbing the blade and there was audible blade play when I shook the knife. I received the blade back and there were scratches on the tang along with blade play. I decided to write the knife off completely because it was nothing but trouble by that point. So, I put it away and decided I would deal with it later. After a time when life had calmed down a bit, I sent the knife back in. This was about a month ago. I just received the knife back today and it doesn't appear as though anything has been done to correct the play. In fact, I honestly don't know what they did because there is zero information on the packing slip. I know they sharpened it and that is it. So, I paid however much money to ship it to them so that they could sharpen it and return it to me. I can sharpen my own knives. Again, I will never ever buy another Kershaw and I will tell everyone I know to avoid them like the plague. I am disgusted.

I've had good CS experiences with them. But the one bad one I had, happened to be my 0561. Simply returned without being touched, and without explaination. Maybe they just had so many of that model returned that they just stopped trying? Who knows. I eventually fixed the problem myself. But it took me waaayyyy longer than it would have by a tech with both experience and proper tools. And my issue was truly an "out of the box" problem, and not one of useage or wear and tear.

I'd like to think these types of experiences are very rare, but I continue to hear very similar stories.

Sent my 0450 in for a sharpening and to correct an over-traveling lock. It came back at about 80% lockup and a huge chip in the blade. Probably won’t ever buy another ZT.

Sent my 0450 in for a sharpening and to correct an over-traveling lock. It came back at about 80% lockup and a huge chip in the blade. Probably won’t ever buy another ZT.
This is unfortunate. I am shocked this is a thing. Conversely, my Protech Rockeye had the spring break so it wouldn't fire. I sent it in and they fixed it. Now the lock is failing. I sent one message to warranty and Derrick reached out to me. I am sending it in next week and I have full-faith it will be back in working order. KAI is just too big for their britches now.

Back