ZT/Kershaw new prototypes at Blade Show?

So I've been watching YouTube and KnifeNews like a hawk for new prototypes from the various companies that attended blade, and I've noticed that there is nothing yet from Kershaw or ZT besides one picture of some new Natrix colors. Plus no normal thread here discussing new models.
I know they always have new prototypes at Blade Show, and anything new from ZT especially is what I have been most excited to see, so does anyone that went to Blade have pictures or a video of any new stuff? Do they actually have any new stuff?

Thanks.

No new models announced. They will typically have one new LE announced at Blade, but they are transitioning to a new announcement timeline on new models. We will see new announcements every few months instead of all at once at Shot or Blade Show.

I was hoping at least something new from les Georges and some variations on steel and finish for the 080x series :(
Very disappointed to say the least
I wish there will be some good stuff coming later this year

I was hoping at least something new from les Georges and some variations on steel and finish for the 080x series :(
Very disappointed to say the least
I wish there will be some good stuff coming later this year

They did say the ZT 0055 is coming out in 4-6 weeks, so that is rather exciting.

No new models announced. They will typically have one new LE announced at Blade, but they are transitioning to a new announcement timeline on new models. We will see new announcements every few months instead of all at once at Shot or Blade Show.
Damn. I was really hoping for a new LE version of the 0606, or a bigger version of the 0460.

And on the Kershaw side the new Natrix colors was all they had?

Pretty sure the 0606 is done. Yah, the new Natrix colors was it for right now.

0606 is done, only 2 variants that the black one is impossible to find pretty much.

No new models but the ZT0055 is going to blow so many people away when it comes out, it won't matter. Several buds who are primarily custom knife buyers who put it on the must buy list after handling one.

Pretty sure the 0606 is done. Yah, the new Natrix colors was it for right now.
I'm kinda glad the 0606 is done (if that is indeed the case). I went on a hunch and bought the blue/gold one and I'm glad they didn't go the 0392 route with this model. The few that were made mean a lot more by not having endless iterations. I'd always heard the 0606 would be limited by the number of available pivot assemblies and that appears to be the case.

I'm actually OK with ZT not having a Blade unveil knife. There is still the 0055 to come, as well as a few sprint runs of popular models. Kershaw has several new models that are yet to hit the street too. It seems like KAI is following their own schedule of new releases and if that works for them, all the more power to them.

My guess is they are trying to curb the "when will XXX knife be released" by having announcements closer to the release date.

I read the blurb on the 0055. It looks a bit like Star Trek. Definitely not my taste, although I love ZT and have owned many models; the 0550 and 0095 S90BLK being among my favorites. The blade design must certainly have a purpose behind it, but I'm not certain just what it is supposed to do...I suppose a rear thicker section for h-d and the thin tip for slicing. Wouldn't be my favorite for sharpening, though.

The 0055 is interesting. I gotta say though, the compound grind fad that seems be taking hold...it's silly, IMO.

I would like to see a 460 with a high volume fine carbide alloy, to take advantage of the slicer blade shape...
Something like 10V would be nice, but even if they went with 20CV or comparable, it would be appreciated.

A larger sized model might be nice too, but the huge, continuous belly on the knife doesn't require added blade length.

I don't think I am a big fan of the compound grind. I don't think it will be any harder to sharpen and if I really dislike it I will regrind the blade to something I do like. Maybe throw a convex edge on it as well.
I really want it because of its different design and cool new opening function. Also, I wouldn't spend 5k on a custom GTC so this is as close as I will get. 5k+ is reserved for watch collecting. Not knives IMO.

I'd rather have the Reate k-2 with compound grind rather than the 0055. Just so many missed features that the Reate doesn't compromise on. But at a cost. Which im guessing there will be a base model K2 that's less costly?. I'm not a huge fan of hype of gimics, while the opening mechanism is great, how's the rest of it as a tool?

In any case, I hate 8cr steel but I'm getting a Natrix when it hits.

I'd rather have the Reate k-2 with compound grind rather than the 0055. Just so many missed features that the Reate doesn't compromise on. But at a cost. Which im guessing there will be a base model K2 that's less costly?. I'm not a huge fan of hype of gimics, while the opening mechanism is great, how's the rest of it as a tool?

In any case, I hate 8cr steel but I'm getting a Natrix when it hits.

I think you mean the K3. The K2 is the new Tanto model.

Back