ZT parts

I’ve spent an hour trying KAI USA by phone during the hours they claim to be open and when I try the parts request form I get "invalid model number". I need parts for a ZT 0566BW. Does anyone have suggestions as to who I can contact?

Use their online form. I got a clip and screws for my 562cf in no time, and no hassle.

As I said, that form just says "invalid model number" It won’t let me submit it

I submitted an online request for a torsion bar for my 0566 about a month ago. I had to explain what model I needed a part for in the comment section. I still haven’t received anything so I’m not sure it worked.

Might also be because it's a discontinued model. Might have to go aftermarket.

I don't know what parts you need; so it's hard to direct you to an alternative source...

My guess is that, with the 0566 being discontinued, whatever parts supply they may have is being held for possible warranty work... or their online ordering system is for current models.
Keep in mind that the pandemic is affecting even business that have stayed in operation. They may have reduced, furloughed, or reassigned their phone support

B bedrock when you use the site and enter the model number, any disco’d model will have the option “misc” applied. Make sure you select this option and in the comments/description section be sure to indicate whatever parts you request are for the 0566.

nU5Ma88.jpg

Hope this helps. They are working at a reduced capacity so please give them time to process.

Thanks for all the advice. I need a clip ( preferably 2 so I have a spare) and want to get Pivot washers, torsion bar and screws before they run out. It would really suck if they’re already out of parts for an expensive knife that was purchased new one year ago.

I hope so. In the mean time I discovered the Holes in a clip off a cryo line up. Clip itself is a lot smaller though.

Update: I was able to submit the form (thanks to metsfans' advice) and got a generic "success" email in return then nothing. As I said, I expected better when I’ve spent that kind of money. Ive already spent too much time on this. Done with ZT. And as long as I’m copping an attitude about them, their S35VN blade was only so so for edge retention and their new models look retarded.

I wouldn't count on seeing parts in the foreseeable future. From their warranty page (emphasis mine):

"We have made the difficult decision to suspend processing new warranty and sharpening shipments postmarked 08/01/2020 or later. However, we will continue to process all requests that have already been received. Any packages postmarked 08/01/2020 or later will be securely stored at our facility until our service team resumes normal operations. We are also temporarily suspending all ZT parts requests until further notice. We will frequently re-evaluate the situation over the next 30 days. Please check back here for the most updated information."

Back