• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT0560 - A Order

Not sure where this would be better posted...however...

I'm looking to purchase a titanium liner to the exact specs of the stainless steel liner provided with the knife. I will gladly ship you my steel liner so that you may use it as a template.

I have customized my ZT0560 to such an extent that it's more or less a custom at this point. I have a lot invested into it and it's one of my most favorite pieces.

My issue is that through carrying it, in Florida, at work, and while I sweat, it rusts. No matter what I do, the SS liner will rust on me. I can't stand it and I don't want it to invite rust into my collection.

I don't care if the price is a little ridiculous. I want this done.

PM me if you're up to the task.

On another note, I'm sure that I am not the only one interested in such a thing. Perhaps once you have the CAD file or whatever it is you need to draw up finished, you could offer this as an item in the future.

You can always disassemble and spray a light coat of polyurethane to provide a barrier against moisture and rust.

You can always disassemble and spray a light coat of polyurethane to provide a barrier against moisture and rust.

I currently take it down and apply some marine Tuf Cloth. Before that I applied Frog Lube and mineral oil.

I'm tired of having to worry about it/clean it every week. My titanium framelocks without the liner have never been an issue. Ever.

I wouldn't be opposed to coating it, if someone would be willing to offer some suggestions?

By the way, thank you to the mod that moved this.

Back