• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT0777 delivery

Hello to everybody and Happy New Year.
I've opened this post asking to everybody who have ordered a ZT0777 (maybe converted to the M390 version) if they have already got it.
I'm on the list of a small shop from almost 1 year, already full payed the knife, and still waiting.
Do anybody know if ZT is still making it or all the run has been completed.
I really would be sure if I'll got it someday or I'm simply a moneylender of this shop.

If you are referring to the composite blade 0777's these have long been completed and delivered. ZT had problems with these so less were produced than originally announced.

Original order and payment was for composite than they communicate i'll receive the M390.
So everybody has ordered this M390 has received this knife????

Last edited by a moderator:
The last I heard of being sold were the ones with a black blade. There was only 150 or so supposed to be made of those. You shouldn't have had to do more than put down a small deposit, in the first place. If it was me I'd probably be asking for a refund at this point.

Jill sorry but the internet is fullfilled with videos and articles about the ZT0777M390 (the "silver" one)
I'd like only to know if anybody have in order a ZT0777M390 has received it.....

Moved to FEEDBACK.

General Knife Discussion is for discussing knives.
FEEDBACK is for discussing deals and dealers.

SOL?? what does it mean?
Anyway I've sent an email directly to KAI, let's see what happen

SOL?? what does it mean?
Anyway I've sent an email directly to KAI, let's see what happen

It's an acronym to mean "you're out of luck". I think KAI is officially done with the 0777M390 as well, I would definitely ask for your money back from that dealer. In general, I would be hesitant to pre-order and pay in full for a knife whose production numbers were questionable from the start.

ZT is 100% done with the 0777 as of current information. You need to proceed with a refund!

I'll try to contact again the shop in order to have clearer vision of this thing; it's clear that is a small "fraud" from the shop due to the "incompetence" of ZT.
What a loss of money and time....

You really don't know that ZT has anything to do with it. What made the shop think they were entitled to get a shipment of those knives? Are you certain that they didn't get a shipment and sold them on Ebay since they could have gotten more there than delivering your blade? Too many unknowns, and calling out ZT will get you nowhere quick here. Anybody can take a pre-order for a new product - I would only place pre-orders with agents that I was sure could deliver on their promise. Is your dealer even a certified KAI dealer? If not, they were just hoping to pick one up from a distributor, which likely never had a chance of happening.

Get your money back. There are a few people to blame, but I would start with the dealer (given the information you've related, it seems kinda shady anyway), and next would move onto myself (you're responsible for making good deals in this age. With the Internet and so many scam artists, you don't want to go off throwing your money around all willy nilly), and maybe a little on KAI because they advertised the availability of a production knife that they didn't really have the ability to deliver on. Blaming people doesn't change the fact that you gave a dealer a 1 year interest free loan and that you're still shouldered with proving that they owe you the money though does it? I would focus on that for now, then look at picking up a ZT 0777 on the after market if you want one.

On January 2nd I received the following email from BladeHQ:

On Jan 2, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Blade HQ <thomasc@bladehq.com> wrote:

Discontinued: Zero Tolerance 0777 and 0777M390

We are sorry to inform you that Zero Tolerance has officially discontinued the production of both the long awaited 0777 and new modified version, 0777M390. As such Zero Tolerance has already sold out of the models that have been produced up to this point, therefore these two models will not be available for purchase.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions at questions@bladehq.com. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences.

Deepest Regards,
--

Thomas Cox
Customer Service Manager | Blade HQ
P 1.888.252.3347 | Local 801.768.0232
www.BladeHQ.com

May I say that I'm a little.......disgusted by the situation?

Don't be. I'm sure a lot of people are still upset about the Dodgers moving out of Brooklyn too but life goes on. I wanted one, but it wasn't meant to be. ZT makes a ton of very nice knives anyway. The 0454 is going to be one that I will not be missing out on though. When we preorder stuff, it's not always a guarantee that we will receive them.

May I say that I'm a little.......disgusted by the situation?

Don't be. I'm sure a lot of people are still upset about the Dodgers moving out of Brooklyn too but life goes on. I wanted one, but it wasn't meant to be. ZT makes a ton of very nice knives anyway. The 0454 is going to be one that I will not be missing out on though. When we preorder stuff, it's not always a guarantee that we will receive them.

I echo the sentiments of RevDevil. There are so many great knives these days that if you miss one, no biggie, there'll be more around the corner. The ZT 0454 in the three layer composite blade form and hopefully a straight up M390 is something to look forward to.

I'm still looking forward to my prepaid ZT 0888MAX but if it doesn't happen then no problemo. I'm content in being able to get the other great limited editions ZTs: 0560CBCF, 0600, 0600BLK, 0777, 0777-M390, 0777-M390BLK and 0888. :)

I have a beautiful SR-1 with M390 :)
Sorry but if i'll ever buy a ZT it has to be marked "ON STOCK" ;)
I'm more disappointed by my stupidity first of all because I'm a loan free bank on this shop for 480$ neither I have the knife I've dreamed about plus I've missed also a beautiful MAtrix because of the money.

Please let us know the response of the dealer in question in regards to your refund and if you don't quickly get your refund please name the dealer.

Back