Zu Bladeworx Warchild Sword

Limited to just 3 units. A different version comes out next year.

Specs
S7 steel
0.4 inch thick at the ricasso
Overall length 36 inches
Heat treated to RC 56
Weight is 2.8kg
Full one piece hollow handle design (made with the blessing of Chris Reeve knives and full credit and thanks to Chris Reeve for his original concept)
All made in Australia and heat treated in Australia from imported German tool steel.

Hope you like and Merry Christmas to you all.

1withglogocropbwplatesmaller.jpg

1withglogocropsmaller.jpg

Is that you Lenny? Haha you will love your Splinter do don't worry too much :)

I like it. Has the feel of a ninja-to but with a modern twist.

So called "ninja-to" are a modern work of creative fiction, so rather than modern, I'd say more "high-tech." :) I'd say it most resembles a tactical rendition of a jian personally.

I admit it looks nice and is a precision piece of work, but if your talking 2.8 kilos and not 2.8 pounds you've lost me.

Also is the handle round, would make it hard to know how to orient the blade properly if it is.

I admit it looks nice and is a precision piece of work, but if your talking 2.8 kilos and not 2.8 pounds you've lost me.

Also is the handle round, would make it hard to know how to orient the blade properly if it is.
No, I would believe the 2.8kg (six pounds), as it is 11-12mm or so thick at the guard and the spine may not distal a great deal over its length.

Then again, I have a number of swords that are about 10mm thick at the guard that weigh much less than two pounds fully dressed.

The Chris Reeve approach is going to lend to a very heavy swordlike object. Some like that though. No accounting for tastes.

Cheers

GC

mmm heavy, yes, and like Gregorio said if the handle is round (I am assuming it is) then there are issues with orientation... but that's not the point!

Looks awesome! Thumbs up, very cool looking piece, not just cool looking but solid cool, integral cool!

Yep weighs about 6 pounds, heavy but comfortable to wield as it is well balanced. Well more comfortable to wield than the 30 pound bar it was machined from :)

Yep weighs about 6 pounds, heavy but comfortable to wield as it is well balanced. Well more comfortable to wield than the 30 pound bar it was machined from :)

None the less it looks like it will last forever

Back