Zytel models: Q on light through the back

I've got a fairly minor question regarding a Zytel Endura in VG-10 I picked up. THis knife has solid lockup (i.e., no slight vertical movement that some lockbacks have), I also appreciate the even updated reinforced clip well.

However, I notice when I open the knife up and look at it from the front (edge toward me) or from the backspring, there is considerable light visible on either side of the rocker bar. Does this make the knife more apt to be weak, or is it just an individual difference in the way the Zytel was shaped and how it fitted with the other parts? Or is this common and within normal spec, not seen as any potential problem? I have seen some light through space visible on some other Zytel Spydies, but not to this extent. I will repeat that this knife has rock-solid lockup, and the backspring is quite strong and pulls the blade shut nice and snappy.
Thanx for any feedback.
Jim

Hi Jim. Some clearance is necessary or the lock becomes difficult to lever. Without seeing the particular piece, I couldn't say whether it was within tolerance. I don't think that there will be a performance or strength issue.

sal

Back