Off Topic 2022 Favorite Knives

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
There were no new Becker’s in 2022, but did any of you Beckerheads pick up any other knives that you really like? Bonus points for pics!

These are some of my favorites that I acquired in 2022…

ZIb1ZOM.jpg

Those are:
LT Wright/Nature Reliance School Shemanese
Winkler Field Knife
Tops Rapid Strike
Good Knife Co. Michigan Utility Knife
Benchmade 940-1
Spyderco Ikuchi
Zero Tolerance 0235

The TKC Architect Field Buddy 5.5 in CPM 3V, made for The Knife Connection by Tops Knives.
uWgA0kO.jpg

x4EUGVG.jpg

You build your own version starting with the bare blade, then adding your choice of handle scales, sheath etc. The knife is 10.8” with a 5.375” cutting edge. Blade thickness is 0.156” and with the cut outs in the handle it’s surprisingly light and nimble feeling in hand. They designed it to match the handle scales on an ESEE 5/6. As someone with fairly large hands, I‘m a big fan of that handle and the versions that come with the Field Buddy are nicely contoured, not the flat slabs on stock ESEE’s. The heat treatment was done by Peters’ Heat Treating with a hardness listed at 59-60. I couldn’t be happier with mine, and if you can make your own sheath, you can get the knife with scales for less than $160. Lifetime warranty. In my humble opinion it’s a hidden bargain for a premium steel (I’m a big fan of 3V that’s been heat treated properly).

Last edited:
Last edited:
The TKC Architect Field Buddy 5.5 in CPM 3V, made for The Knife Connection by Tops Knives.
uWgA0kO.jpg

x4EUGVG.jpg

You build your own version starting with the bare blade, then adding your choice of handle scales, sheath etc. The knife is 10.8” with a 5.375” cutting edge. Blade thickness is 0.156” and with the cut outs in the handle it’s surprisingly light and nimble feeling in hand. They designed it to match the handle scales on an ESEE 5/6. As someone with fairly large hands, I‘m a big fan of that handle and the versions that come with the Field Buddy are nicely contoured, not the flat slabs on stock ESEE’s. The heat treatment was done by Peters’ Heat Treating with a hardness listed at 59-60. I couldn’t be happier with mine, and if you can make your own sheath, you can get the knife with scales for less than $160. Lifetime warranty. In my humble opinion it’s a hidden bargain for a premium steel (I’m a big fan of 3V that’s been heat treated properly).
Love that knife.

Back