Important Info! 2023 KITH CLOSED -

Some seriously NICE knives here!

Chris - that's NICE looking - tell us about the handle and blade. Is that blade San Mai? OR, perhaps go Mai? Looks like it might actually be 4 layers on each side with core? Tell us all about the knife.

Sando - what a blade! 26C3 one of my favorite steels and at 64Rc it's gonna be a slicer for sure. From the collection of blade I don't care which I get - I'll be happy :)
Ken - The blade on this one is CuMai from Dion Damascus. It has a 1095 core flanked by layers of copper and nickel with a 1095 jacket. The scales are Buffalo Horn with copper pins.

This is AEB-L, with box elder and micarta segmented scales. Not sure what you'd call it, but I've used similar knives to strip insulation off of wire and cut chunks of apple off the core. Maybe a utility knife?
mCvvayn.jpeg
cggWcHS.jpeg
RPuwTyk.jpeg

Looking good folks.
We have ten submitted and several more I know are done but not posted yet.
Keep 'em coming!

OK, here is my knife.
The blade is 1095 and 1084, forged from a small billet made by legendary knifemaker Ron Frazier. He started it and I finished it. I don't remember the actual layer count, but it is probably around 200. Pattern is the classic subtle damascus style hada.
The handle is a mortise construction from a really nice piece of old growth redwood burl I have been saving for a long time. It has a unique cross-hatched pattern as well as the burl figure. Collar is buffalo horn.
Cross draw style belt sheath can be worn for left or right, front or back draw (knife is reversable in sheath). Sheath has an internal liner for protection of you and the stitching.

KITH knife.jpgKITH knife 1.jpgKITh knife 2.jpgKITh knife 3.jpg

Ken - The blade on this one is CuMai from Dion Damascus. It has a 1095 core flanked by layers of copper and nickel with a 1095 jacket. The scales are Buffalo Horn with copper pins.
Thanks for the info - that's exactly what I thought it was from closeup view of the blade - well, I didn't know what the core was other than high carbon, but the copper 'n nickel is what I thought. My wife LOVES her copper. I've made a few CuMai blades for her. Even the folder she carries in her purse is CuMai blade.

Snazzy lion killer Forrest, i made one of those earlier this year.
Mine is a little EDC in 1084 with dyed, spalted maple. It's about 7.5" oa. In the process of getting a new sheath, made the first one and then cut through it.. oh well.
It's ready..

Attachments

• DSC_0241.JPG
    DSC_0241.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0240.JPG
    DSC_0240.JPG
    745.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0239.JPG
    DSC_0239.JPG
    525.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
OK, this is the list of those who are ready so far:
Stan Buzek
Avigil
pafka
Daado
Ken Holland
M. McAlevy
Sando
C.D.Humiston
Stacy Apelt
Forest Taylor
Kevin KF Knives

tattooedfreak
Evan Wilson
MotorCityMike
Tony Mount

Last edited:
I'm ready
blade is W2 water quench with a traditional clay I mixed up
handle is bloodwood and brass pins peened on the ends
the photo's are not great and I promise it looks better in hand

blade length 4 1/4 inches
handle 3 3/4 inches to 4 1/2 inches depending on if you measure along the edge side or the spine

I will have a sharp edge on it later today thats just a few passes on the 2 x72

Attachments

• kith5.jpeg
    kith5.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 14
  • kith4.jpeg
    kith4.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 14
  • kith3.jpeg
    kith3.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 12
  • kith2.jpeg
    kith2.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 14
  • kith1.jpeg
    kith1.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 15
I'm ready, pics to follow once I'm back in the workshop.

OK, this is the list of those who are ready so far. If you are ready and not on this list be sure to post soon. If I missed someone, let me know.
Stan Buzek
Avigil
pafka
Daado
Ken Holland
M. McAlevy
Sando
C.D.Humiston
Stacy Apelt
Forest Taylor
Kevin KF Knives

tattooedfreak
Evan Wilson
MotorCityMike
Tony Mount
Joseph Bandeko
D Bloch
DanF

Last edited:
Unfortunately, not going to be able to make the dealine this time around. Have a lovely elmax droppy hidden tang blade ready, but spinning to many plates at the moment to get handle & sheath finished in time.

Some awesome knives in here that would make some great christmas surprises

Last edited:
Here is an awful picture of my knife, currently making the sheath for it. This one has an experimental finish on it, it's not san mai even though it has the looks.
Black micarta bolster, wooden core, cotton wrap and synthetic black over wrap soaked with marine grade epoxy.
Even though it does not show, the wooden core has a pin going through the tang.
IMG_20231127_142937.jpg

I’m Ready.
Chef’s Petty, 10.5” OAL, 6.125” tip to bolster. Black G10 scales with G10 pins and white liner. 15N20 @ 62RHC and padded, zippered pouch.
IMG_5974.jpegIMG_5976.jpegIMG_5975.jpeg
Shadows were a bear today, pics suck, sorry.

Back