A Million Questions............

OK well maybe not a million.
smile.gif
I have been checking out the Tinives site and I find the knives very tempting. However, I do have a few questions. I will number them for convenience.

1. What are the weights of both sizes of the Tactical and Dresser models?

2. Do both the Tactical AND Dresser models have clips? If so are they configured for tip-up or tip-down carry?

3. What is the steel type and finish used for the blades of the stainless Dresser Series? A previous thread mentioned that BG-42 was one of the steels used by Tinives so I was kind of hoping.........

4. How effective is that "scalloped indentation" on the Tactical series as an opening mechanism vs. a thumbstud?

I hope this isn't too many questions for one thread. Thank you.

Hello Recluse,
1. The weight the of the 4.25 Tactical and Dresser models is 5 ounces.
2. Clips can be added to any of our knives and they are configured for tip down carry.
3. Currently our blades for the stainless Dresser is 154-CM with a deep freeze treatment with a RC 60. We are going to do a run of 440V on our Double Action. BG 42 has been used on small runs but because of the unavailablilty of BG 42 in sheet form it is not possible for our large runs. At the moment we are not doing any BG 42.
4. The scalloped indentation on the tactical lock up is not as effective as a thumb stud. Our TiNives lockup (we call it our misunderstood child) locks closed and open and was designed to mash the button and roll it open thus acting like an automatic in a manual version. We still have some of these in stock but now we are producing our Tactical Series where you do not have to mash the button to open and this knife houses the TiNives/Larry Chew Needle Bearing System. As far as a one hand opener I don't know of one quicker.

Thanks for your questions. www.tinives.com

------------------
Scott Self

Back