A year and four months.

The pen knife on the victorinox classic has such a bite, with the amazing heat treat, its meaner than a bullet ant.
by choking up on the blade (much like one would do on a writing utensil) it further extends the utility and use of the knife, just need a little pinache. With the knife industry endlessly pumping out thick superfood steels that weigh 6 ounces and up, the classic inch by inch is the best choice for form/function/utility/use

...One of my EDC's is the Vic money clip. If you haven't seen this, you're really missing out. It holds my bills (obviously), but also has a nail file, scissors, and small blade. I can't tell you how many times I've been caught without a knife, usually because it's hot and I'm wearing some lightweight shorts with pockets, and I needed a knife. Now my 91 mm's would be too heavy, but the money clip is always there with my backup blade.

And it cuts like the dickens. I'm never without it.
Unfortunately the money clips were discontinued at about the same time the Executives were. Pity I lost mine.

Oh no! Try hitting eBay or something?
I EDC a Cadet and Alox Minichamp. Greater variety of tools, and both easily replaceable. The money clip loss is sad but not worth FleaBaying for another.

ETA: The current issue Cadet nail file rises head and shoulders over the one on the money clip.

Last edited:
I EDC a Cadet and Alox Minichamp. Greater variety of tools, and both easily replaceable. The money clip loss is sad but not worth FleaBaying for another.
Dlt has the alox minichamp for 70, to me that's a chunk of change, so ive been on the fence about it, I have a few classics, trying to see if the additional tools is worth the extra 45USD

Back