Anyone get the mini horizon d?

Anyone, thoughts? Is this gonna be more widely available soon?? I saw a black and gold one on an Australian site.... Anyway I want one

True Talon was just showcasing these on the Horizon thread last week - check out the images. Very nice. I think they're due for release Oct. - Nov.

There seems to be a bunch of different finishes. BladeHQ has 3 and True Talon has 3 different options to choose from.

one thing im not too particularly happy with Reate is there use of low quality carbon fiber with lots of voids in it. argh. for $365+ i wont buy any of them because of that. and Reate is one of my favorite manufactures.

There seems to be a bunch of different finishes. BladeHQ has 3 and True Talon has 3 different options to choose from.

one thing im not too particularly happy with Reate is there use of low quality carbon fiber with lots of voids in it. argh. for $365+ i wont buy any of them because of that. and Reate is one of my favorite manufactures.

They did have some problems with that - especially on the K-1. But it seems to have been fixed on the K-3, K-4 and Mini Horizon.

I'm not sure why they didn't just buy it from A&J Composites in Washington. That's where Liong Mah gets his carbon fiber from and it is top notch quality. But Reate can answer it better than I can.

Reactions: Mo2
Anyone, thoughts? Is this gonna be more widely available soon?? I saw a black and gold one on an Australian site.... Anyway I want one

The Mini Horizons are very cool. A great size for EDC.
The versions Blade HQ and we have were made for the recent USN Show. Production has apparently started but won't be finished until late October. There will be Damasteel versions as well.

The small Star Boy knife will also be ready about the same time. Some very nice knives coming along from Reate .....

They just need a mini horizon D cf with just the show side all cf like the regular sized one. No voids tho like the original. Not sure why they didn't do that this time around?

They just need a mini horizon D cf with just the show side all cf like the regular sized one. No voids tho like the original. Not sure why they didn't do that this time around?

I'll suggest it to them. They have the experience since a number of Liong Mah's knives have a complete CF show side.

Hey Talon,
Are the all-ti versions of this knife milled on the inside? I'm wondering if there's a weight difference between the cf inlayed and the all-ti. Thanks.

I like the overall size reduction, but I prefer the original true ffg with the fuller on the blade.Dont care much about the dlc.

Hey Talon,
Are the all-ti versions of this knife milled on the inside? I'm wondering if there's a weight difference between the cf inlayed and the all-ti. Thanks.

All the four versions we got weigh the same.

Here's the basic Ti model apart

I don't think we've seen any pics of the lock side. Is the clip the same as on the full size version?
Edit: Nevermind I see a pic on Talon's website.

Here's the variations for the Mini Horizons - since we are a dealer I cannot post any prices. I don't want to get us banned...

Milled handle Black PVD - Bohler M390 blade steel - Black PVD blade

Milled handle bead blasted grey - Bohler M390 blade steel - stone washed blade
Milled handle bead blasted grey - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Milled handle anodized bronze - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Milled handle anodized blue - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade

Black PVD handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - Black PVD blade

Bead blasted handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Bronze Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Blue Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade

Milled bead blasted grey handle - Damasteel blade
Milled Blue Anodized handle - Damasteel blade
Milled Bronze Anodized handle - Damasteel blade
Bead blasted handle with Carbon Fiber - Damasteel blade
Bronze Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Damasteel blade
Blue Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Damasteel blade

Here's the variations for the Mini Horizons - since we are a dealer I cannot post any prices. I don't want to get us banned...
Bead blasted handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Bronze Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade
Blue Anodized handle with Carbon Fiber - Bohler M390 blade steel - satin blade

TT Do you have any pics of some of these newer models? These 3, specially....

Just the bead blasted one at this time.

The bronze is, well bronze, instead of grey titanium and the blue is a dark blue.

Sorry I don't have more photos.

Back