Autumn Blade

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well, I don't know what to call this knife, so I'll just describe it by mentioning the season within which it was finished.

The blade is .15" Cruwear, and the handle is unstabilized walnut, (I think) with a titanium ferrule. The sheath is 9oz veg tanned leather, with multi application dyeing method meant to increase depth.

It's extremely light weight, and the sheath is designed for iwb carry and it features a tether that your belt can go through or which can be looped through a belt loop on your pants. This method makes for a super fast draw since no thumb break is required, and you won't lose the sheath in the heat of battle unless you also lose your pants.

yM2bSF3.jpg

hEfGRsK.jpg

Ps1Wcw5.jpg

YLN64fp.jpg

lm61pzJ.jpg

t4VDXsP.jpg

FLtcMdT.jpg

vgIuwAo.jpg

ygPjFxJ.jpg

ppF0peO.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Well, I don't know what to call this knife, so I'll just describe it by mentioning the season within which it was finished.

The blade is .15" Cruwear, and the handle is unstabilized walnut, (I think) with a titanium ferrule. The sheath is 9oz veg tanned leather, with multi application dyeing method meant to increase depth.

It's extremely light weight, and the sheath is designed for iwb carry and it features a tether that your belt can go through or which can be looped through a belt loop on your pants. This method makes for a super fast draw since no thumb break is required, and you won't lose the sheath in the heat of battle unless you also lose your pants.

yM2bSF3.jpg

hEfGRsK.jpg

Ps1Wcw5.jpg

YLN64fp.jpg

lm61pzJ.jpg

t4VDXsP.jpg

FLtcMdT.jpg

vgIuwAo.jpg

ygPjFxJ.jpg

ppF0peO.jpg

Thanks for looking!
That's a great looking knife!!!

Wonderful looking..... Elegant.
I've been looking at another maker's tantos lately, and wanted to stylized something similar.... 😍
Excellent, and comfortable. I do this loop, with a trigger guard when I M-carry.

Wonderful looking..... Elegant.
I've been looking at another maker's tantos lately, and wanted to stylized something similar.... 😍
Excellent, and comfortable. I do this loop, with a trigger guard when I M-carry.
thanks!
Grinding bevels like this is pretty tricky. I have a couple others on the go as well. Always liked the look of that armour piercing tip and thin main edge, so I figured I should learn how to do it.
I'll be putting this piece up for sale at the end of the week

That is a gorgeous knife and one of the ‘stabbiest’ looking blades I have seen.

won't lose the sheath in the heat of battle unless you also lose your pants.
A very bad day that would be.

That is some beautiful craftsmanship. Out of my price range but no doubt worth every penny. I'll also add that I've never seen an antler knife I cared for but your Shed knife I like the looks of a lot. Well done.

A very bad day that would be.

That is some beautiful craftsmanship. Out of my price range but no doubt worth every penny. I'll also add that I've never seen an antler knife I cared for but your Shed knife I like the looks of a lot. Well done.
Kind words! Thank you sir :cool:

I think I'm going to have to hand sand this knife. The thought of doing that with sharpened Cruwear is daunting and scary. But I think for the price of the knife it's worth the extra effort, plus I think it will look and be the way it should look and be

I love this knife. Keep coming back to look. Sanding it will make it SHINE. :) Though it gleams plenty already. Just brought home a piece from Crossed Heart Forge though - you know what I mean Lorien Lorien . 👍 Kind of killed my knife purchasing power for a while, but was so long in coming and so worth the wait.
AUTUMN BLADE is quite extraordinary in its own right. Very nicely done.

I love this knife. Keep coming back to look. Sanding it will make it SHINE. :) Though it gleams plenty already. Just brought home a piece from Crossed Heart Forge though - you know what I mean Lorien Lorien . 👍 Kind of killed my knife purchasing power for a while, but was so long in coming and so worth the wait.
AUTUMN BLADE is quite extraordinary in its own right. Very nicely done.
Dave's work is not inexpensive- and justifiably so! I'm a big fan, really admire his process and ideological motivations. I'd love to see whatever it is he made for you!

As for this piece, I was originally thinking that the ultra clean handle/ferrule would be accentuated by the mill scale and machine grinding marks. Now I think that the mill scale is more than enough contrast and that the machine marks look kind of lazy- even though I worked my butt off trying to get them as perfect as my current skills allow. I wanted to convey a duality of beauty and beastliness, and I think that drawing more of that smoothness out into the blade will put this piece in the sweet spot. Laying down some hand sanding on the bevels will create a more cohesive whole, and I think that's what I'm going to have to do here

Some nice high cut rated gloves may need to be in order.
I have a pair or two that I use for cutting the stainless foil for heat treating- that's a good idea👍

Yeah, save the mill scale. I hesitated to encourage you to polish but very happy to hear you- once again - practicing restraint. Your work is exceptional as all the essentials are there - with art and no fluff. :cool:

A much anticipated white box arrived from Canada today. I’ve been drooling over Autumn Blade for awhile and was overjoyed to recently get a chance to buy this fine blade.

IMG_4729.jpegIMG_4732.jpeg

All of my expectations and speculations have been exceeded and I couldn’t be more pleased. Lorien, thank you for the lean and mean, sexy ass slicin’ machine….AUTUMN BLADE ! 🔥❤️🔥

Best regards,

Michael

I can't express how happy it makes me to see those two knives on display, in your caring possession! You know, the fact we've wandered these hills together just really makes me extra thankful for your investment in my work.
Thank you so much for the support, my friend!❤️

Back