BENCHMADE MINI ADAMAS AXIS FOLDING KNIFE (MAGNACUT, SHREDDED CARBON FIBER)

I love it. Not a fan of the $405 version in white G10 but the OD green is fair cost. Good size knife but very light. Blade is nice balance of slicey and robust. I’ve been carrying mine since I got it.
That’s good to hear, much appreciated. That is probably going to be my next purchase, it honestly essentially takes all the reasons I purchased the Claymore in those colors when they dropped, and adds Magnacut. A win for sure.

That’s good to hear, much appreciated. That is probably going to be my next purchase, it honestly essentially takes all the reasons I purchased the Claymore in those colors when they dropped, and adds Magnacut. A win for sure.
That blade finish sort of sealed the deal for me. I also like the tan cerakote accents on the Adamas and CLA. It’s the little things. Benchmade is never one to shy away from interesting color combos.

Last edited:
That blade finish sort of sealed the deal for me. I also like the tan cerakote accents on the Adamas and CLA. It’s the little things. Benchmade is never one to shy away from interesting color combos.

Agreed. I am a fan of the other Adamas colorway they did, with the coyote tan blade and OD scales. They've got this look on lock. I'm going to have to consider one of those CLAs, as I am enjoying the few OTS autos I've got from Benchmade. They fire hard and I've never experienced any bounce-back. Weeeelllll, ok, the fullsize Adamas auto I have, it works fine, but is not quite as snappy as the others, but that's because the blade weighs roughly two lbs.

I have a CruWear Mini Adams that's great, so I was expecting the MagnaCut version to be similar. But out of the box, the pivot screw was cranked down so hard that I could barely slow roll the blade open. When I loosened the pivot enough to flick it open, there was blade play. This is the first Benchmade out of well over a hundred that I have handled that has this problem. Disappointing.

I recently picked up the two new magnacut colorways in the CLA a couple weeks ago and along with the Tagged out. I'm a huge CLA fan and the magnacut is a great upgrade. I've always had a CLA in rotation and probably always will. The finish on the new magnacut CLA is growing on me. Just can't ever see myself carrying a white handled knife though. My new mini A is currently in the mail van on approach today. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Love the Adamas family. They carry well for a chunky tank.

IMG_0059.jpg

Would anyone happen to know what Benchmade is heat treating these to?
I thought it was posted on Benchmades site but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Only places I can see or are on retailers web sites and there seems to be some variation in what they are saying it is at. I have seen ranges from 62-64 & 63-65.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks in advance

I found one in person and unfortunately was not impressed. It had a clicking feeling in the action and the detent was non-existent. Not the knife's fault either but in pocket bigger than what I'm used to or want.

This sucks because I wanted to love it. The color combinations on it are phenomenal but I'm going to pass on this one.

I wish Benchmade would follow Kizer and make the omega spring strength adjustable. (Also easy to replace).

Thought I would resurrect this thread for the Mini Adamas Auto(s) that should be available next month. Whose in for one? I really like the the carbon fiber one . I would like to grab one when it drops, but I'm hoping to make it to blade show Atlanta this year.

I went the opposite direction and instead of buying any of the new drops, I snagged an Anthem and a GC Bugout. 🤣 Not that their new stuff isn't very appealing but I've been looking for those two for a while now.

Back