• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Boos Blades

rennwerkes

Gold Member
I managed to drop and lose a small spacer that is used in a Boos Smoke. Reached out to Boos for a replacement about the 1st or 2nd week in October. No response for a bit then received an email telling me to send them a pic of the knife so they could be sure about the part. Then no contact. Emailed them several times and finally received an email in November saying they'll get the part out to me. Have sent several emails to them since then and no contact. So disappointing.

Your losing a part may not be high priority during Xmas rush for a small firm. How much are they charging you for the part? Their knives are sold out on their site, you might be unlucky and they may not have your part and are too busy to respond. Some people get a lot of work emails. Givemabreak :)

Servicing existing customers is how i rate a company and mailing out a screw is no big deal.Thanks for the heads up on the lousy customer service!

FatRat1, I feel the same way. Plus, I first requested the part back in October.
hhmoore, I never thought about that! I'll double check. WE is one of the companies that has helped me in the past.

These issues are easier to resolve when you can speak with an actual person. I never buy anything from companies that do not provide a contact phone number. Email is too easy to ignore, and even goes to a spam folder at times.

You're right but a good many companies only provide an email contact. I've had good luck with email. In fact, WE knives has already responded and hopefully can help me.

I'm not arguing that their lack of response is acceptable, just sharing my experience. I bought a used Smoke Mini (when they were fairly new) with a bent tip thinking I could sharpen it out. When I got the knife I decided it was more than I wanted to mess with. I emailed Boos and got a quick response that a replacement blade would be $50. Sent my knife in and within about two weeks they sent me a brand new knife because they were having issues fitting the replacement blade to my handles. Communication was great throughout and I got a brand new knife for $50 after sending in a used one that a previous owner damaged.

Back