• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Brad Duncans web site?

can anyone tell me what happened to Duncan's web site? What's all the commotion about him?

It is my opinion that you should stay aas far away from Drad Duncan's knives as possible. It appears that he doesn't give a damn about his customers, or his reputation. In fact, he seems to think that screwing his customers brings him attention that is good for his business.

If you do purchase a Duncan knife, do so from one of the respected dealers that carry his knives. You will still have the problem of having to work with Brad on any warranty issues or repairs, but at least you will know that you will get the knife you paid for.

I'm personally glad to see his website down. That way he won't be able to attract so many unsuspecting customers. Fewer people will get ripped off.

This one is a little better off in GB&U. than Custom.

Thanks for the heads up Keith.

i dont know if i would send him anything to work on for warranty, ya might not ever see it again, something to consider before laying out ~$450 for one of his knives.

imho there are wayyyy too many drop dead honest 'smiths around who would love your business and bend over backwards to make ya happy to even consider anything from duncan, the F&F on his stuff veries quite a bit too.

just my .02 FWIW,

At this time I will reserve the right to cancel any order where a customer has dragged my name through the mud on any of the forums with the intention to receive quicker service or make me loose business. I will find out about it and you can consider your order done if you participate in this childish behavior. By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife.

He's posted it right there for every cop in the world to see. :eek:

Quote:
At this time I will reserve the right to cancel any order where a customer has dragged my name through the mud on any of the forums with the intention to receive quicker service or make me loose business. I will find out about it and you can consider your order done if you participate in this childish behavior. By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife.

Well, talk about running a "loose" business. :D

It seems he has another 3rd party selling his knives.

Any one who buys one of his knives sadly deserves the problems.

"By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife."

I hope the people he's screwed over take legal action and get justice.

Mitch

I thought he had said or implied a while back that there was no such thing as bad publicity for him. Maybe the recent round of customer issues and venting has made a dent on him and, combined with the personal issues he mentioned, it's all bubbling over. I hope everyone who's owed a knife gets it by his stated October target, though I confess I'd be amazed if that really came off.

It's really sad that Brad feels that it is okay tp take money from people, and not refund it, because they have publicly aired their displeasure with him not delivering as promised, and not communicating with them in any way to explain the situation. I hope he gets everything taken care of, but even if he does, I'd never think of doing business with him. This is not the first time he has gone through a period of non-delivery with no communication. It probably won't be the last. Why take a chance on someone that has such a bad track record?

Well, I "was" interested in his Aftershock models. After reading all of the postings about his piss poor business practices and his attitude towards his paid customers (empty handed ones) as well as his latest quote, Brad Duncan can kiss my business & money goodbye as well as my ass. I won't even buy his stuff from the secondary market now. I'm curious to see how much the sales of his knives drops all around. :thumbdn:

Well, I "was" interested in his Aftershock models. After reading all of the postings about his piss poor business practices and his attitude towards his paid customers (empty handed ones) as well as his latest quote, Brad Duncan can kiss my business & money goodbye as well as my ass. I won't even buy his stuff from the secondary market now. I'm curious to see how much the sales of his knives drops all around. :thumbdn:

The guy is a complete POS...using his 1 year old as an excuse for stealing money.:barf::barf:

What really aggravates me about this is all of the folks who currently own his knives.

I have several of his knives that I have purchased prior to his current issues. Now, what is the secondary market going to be on these knives?

The same goes for my Larry Chew knives?

I feel for those that have paid deposits or have paid in total for knives that they have not received. It is all very frustrating and disappointing!

What really aggravates me about this is all of the folks who currently own his knives.

I have several of his knives that I have purchased prior to his current issues. Now, what is the secondary market going to be on these knives?

The same goes for my Larry Chew knives?

I feel for those that have paid deposits or have paid in total for knives that they have not received. It is all very frustrating and disappointing!

well, imho, all of this certainly wont help the value or desirability of his stuff, i dont know that duncans stuff was ever really popular like some of the other smiths, his F&F really varied but he did have some cool designs, a few yrs back i was thinking about getting one myself,

After reading the web site above it's my guess it won't be too long till he's involuntarily committed to a psych ward. I guess that makes me a hater.

New knives are up on Brad's site. Maybe with a little help and supervision Duncan can overcome recent setbacks and go forward. Knives on the site are in my hands and ready to ship. Have special pricing for BF members!:cool:

Back