Brisa Kephart? Good, bad, or ... something better at a similar price?

I can get a Brisa Kephart for ~$120 so, I was wondering if this was a good option or, if there is anything at a similar price that is better for general camping and hiking duty. I am not looking for fire starting with it so, stainless steel has some merit for me.

A ~$300 Kephart isn't an option and I don't want some cheap POS import made from mystery steel so, this one seems like a reasonable option for me at its price point. Other than staying with the general spearpoint profile, I am open to other suggestions at similar price points. From Mid-August to Mid-September I will be camping and hiking a lot so, I'm looking for something that is a good generalist.

TIA,
Sid

Check the sheath, too. The Becker sheaths are good. $35 is just a lunch at McDonalds :)

Yep, the Brisa Kephart sheath is a basic one. Not bad IMHO but, also not super nice. The Becker sheath looks slightly better but, not enough to sway me significantly either way.

For an extra ~$35, is the Becker really that much better?

The handle scales on the Becker aren’t flat like the Brisa. The handle shape is part of the Kephart design often overlooked. Becker got it right. Also you can remove tge scales if you need to.

The Becker is definitely worth the extra dough. IMHO

Something better at a lower price. Condor makes good tool steel knives. $65 is a bargain for a good camp knife. I have a Condor Primitive Mountain Knife. It’s indestructible.

Last edited:
Back