Buck 110 Pro??

Hey folks, I picked up a couple Buck 110’s with leather Buck sheaths this week at a local flea market, they both have the Buck 110 U.S.A. on the tang with the 2013 year stamp, nothing else, they have the black G10 grips and nickel silver bolsters, I can’t find these in the 2013 Buck catalog as an option, anyone know if these would be offered up outside of the catalog, they look exactly like the later year Buck 110 Pro but the 2013 online catalog doesn’t show that as an option, they didn’t come in a box but appear to be new, any help on what I have would be appreciated, I would post pics but not smart enough to figure that out.

I don’t have a conclusive answer but someone will come along with one.

All I can tell you is that the 110 Pro models have S30V stamped on the blade with the BOS heat treat flame logo and I believe the 110 Pro was introduced later than 2013.

It could be a Special Factory Order from someplace like SKblades. Sounds like something they might have had made for them.

I would post pics but not smart enough to figure that out.
If I can, you can!
I use IMGUR.
Take photo of the knife, phone or digital camera.
Register an account with IMGUR.
Click on your IMGUR user name and select Images. Then click New Post.

You will be taken to where you have stored the photo on your computer. Click on the photo and then again(twice) IMGUR will add it to your album and give you some choices for how you want the link. Chose BBCode by clicking on it. Paste that link in the 'reply' box here on BF.

You can use 'Preview' in the upper right of this box to see your photo.
Post any questions here using pjsjr pjsjr and I'l try to help.

Can I do this on an iPhone, I’m registered with Imgur but not seeing the choice for BBCode at any point

Can I do this on an iPhone, I’m registered with Imgur but not seeing the choice for BBCode at any point

Yes, I can use my iPhone. I put it on my computer first. Then use IMGUR. Paid members can post from their phones. I have done it but it takes me more time to figure it out than using IMGUR.

not seeing the choice for BBCode at any point
You have to have the photo in your album. Then when viewing your photos clicking on the one you want to post will bring up the photo and have a selection of links on the right of it...BBBCode will be second from the bottom.

I’m at work today with only access to my iPhone, may have to wait till I get home to try with computer, weird that uploading a photo is this difficult

I’m at work today with only access to my iPhone, may have to wait till I get home to try with computer, weird that uploading a photo is this difficult
Sorry, just trying to help.

I'm really challenged when working with technology.

I have Windows 10 on mine.

There might be another way to transfer photos from phone to PC that I don't know. I'm lucky that I can manage with what I have learned. :rolleyes:

I'd offer to post your photo but not sure I can manage that.

If you have the photo on your iPhone it’s easy. Just tap on the photo icon just above in the middle in this box. It will access your photos and then select which ones you want. Select the size, usually large and insert to post. If it’s to large you can use a smaller size. And you can do multiple photos and add comments with them.

I had a bad feeling when you were describing your knife and stated 2013 and wasn't in the catalog. I am pretty sure your knife is not a Buck. It looks counterfeit. The nail nick is not in the right place and the cutout by the tang are indicators of a fake. For some reason, most counterfeits have a 2013 date code. You can see more examples in this post.
Thanks Fisherman, I had been getting this same feeling also, the price was just to good to pass up on for a Buck 110 and then when I couldn’t find them in the catalog I started getting nervous, I was hoping that bad feeling was wrong but figured I would come here and let the experts see them, cross my fingers and hope it was an early Buck Pro model, the guy I bought them from is pretty good to deal with so I should be able to get my money back.

I'm with The Fishman on this, total fake as per indicators listed.
I see lots of the these at flea markets here in Oz being sold as the real thing.
In most cases for more than the Ridgy didge models.

I had a bad feeling when you were describing your knife and stated 2013 and wasn't in the catalog. I am pretty sure your knife is not a Buck. It looks counterfeit. The nail nick is not in the right place and the cutout by the tang are indicators of a fake. For some reason, most counterfeits have a 2013 date code. You can see more examples in this post.
now that ya said that I went a looked at it in detail. that odd round cutout between the plunge line and the kick.....is wrong for a 110. also the squared bolsters and g10 scales...while i kinda like that.....is wrong also. yeah appears a fake.......

think you're right on this one.

Back