BUCK 122 Nemo

Back around 1968, I purchased a Buck Nemo from Bill Jacksons in St Petersburg Fl, used it for years. Came across it in one of my old boxes... forgot I even had it. It's in really good condition, and I found out it is still very sharp! I wish I found out another way. Anyway, I bought the knife so I know it is a Nemo but there is no model #. It has a hole in the handle for a lanyard which I put in it when I was actively diving in Guam back around 1977. It has red/brown spacers in the handle. Only normal wear-and-tear. I lost the sheath somewhere along the line. My question is what is the difference between a Nemo with red/brown spacers, white spacers, and no spacers? I've been looking for an original Sheath ... so I don't cut myself again.

Back around 1968, I purchased a Buck Nemo from Bill Jacksons in St Petersburg Fl, used it for years. Came across it in one of my old boxes... forgot I even had it. It's in really good condition, and I found out it is still very sharp! I wish I found out another way. Anyway, I bought the knife so I know it is a Nemo but there is no model #. It has a hole in the handle for a lanyard which I put in it when I was actively diving in Guam back around 1977. It has red/brown spacers in the handle. Only normal wear-and-tear. I lost the sheath somewhere along the line. My question is what is the difference between a Nemo with red/brown spacers, white spacers, and no spacers? I've been looking for an original Sheath ... so I don't cut myself again.
If you click the BladeForums logo at the very top left of the page and scroll down until you see "Buck Knives" under the Manufacturer's Forums heading, those folks can help for sure. Good luck and welcome to the website!

Moving this thread to the Buck Forum.

If this is soemthing like you have a 124 Sheath will work, from what I know the white spacer model was the earliest nemo then came the red bone Spacer model which I believe mine is then the brown micarta spacer model.
Some are like a 122/124 model which is what I think this one is. There is a thread if you search 122 as far as I know. Just adding this from memory. Thanks Pete

The real nemo sheath is plastic with leg straps for a diver alot of them are pretty much dried out and cracked from what I have seen.

This one was tainted by initials - what can ya do

Some info on this link

1222.jpg

If this is soemthing like you have a 124 Sheath will work, from what I know the white spacer model was the earliest nemo then came the red bone Spacer model which I believe mine is then the brown micarta spacer model.
Some are like a 122/124 model which is what I think this one is. There is a thread if you search 122 as far as I know. Just adding this from memory. Thanks Pete

The real nemo sheath is plastic with leg straps for a diver alot of them are pretty much dried out and cracked from what I have seen.

This one was tainted by initials - what can ya do

Some info on this link

View attachment 2547627
Thanks for that link, it helped me narrow down the date range of my non-spacer Nemo.

U usn-1998 , howiema is correct, your 122 will fit fine in a 124 sheath. They are basically the same knife. And 124s are much more common.

What was the steel in 1968 on these? Cool knife and glad it is still a great looking knife. Now, did you actually use it in the water or on land? Just curious.

Back