Buck Warranty

I purchased this knife on the bay and received it this way. Seller was very good about it and refunded my money. Seller also told me to just keep the knife. Is this something that Buck would cover under their warranty??

I guess it depends on whether they still have those springs or not or if one can be used from a 300 series. I wonder what kind of spare parts inventory they maintain. An interesting question.

I seem to recall a post here about 3-5 years ago where someone sent one of the 700 series knives in for warranty work. I don’t remember what was wrong with the knife but it needed repaired, not just cleaned up. I was surprised when the member posted that Buck fixed the knife up like new.

It’s definitely worth giving them a call. They will do the best they can even if it means sending you the next best thing which would probably be a brand new 303.

I seem to recall a post here about 3-5 years ago where someone sent one of the 700 series knives in for warranty work. I don’t remember what was wrong with the knife but it needed repaired, not just cleaned up. I was surprised when the member posted that Buck fixed the knife up like new
It’s definitely worth giving them a call. They will do the best they can even if it means sending you the next best thing which would probably be a brand new 3
That's amazing! My 703 is still in good shape, but it would be nice to find out just what kind of support is still available for that series, "just in case".

That's amazing! My 703 is still in good shape, but it would be nice to find out just what kind of support is still available for that series, "just in case".
I did my best to find the post but none of the keywords I used led me to it. Maybe the member will see this and chime in.

As stated above, Buck does not have any replacement parts for the 700 series. I told them I'd just take the knife back rather than replace it with a 303. I also sent in a beat up 110 for a reblade and a 605 to repair a loose handle.

Received my knives back and I am very impressed with the quality of work that was done. The 110 was a real beater and it now looks brand new with a reblade($10). The 605 came back looking brand new also!! They fixed the handle and gave it the spa treatment which they covered under the warranty. I requested to get the 703 back and not take the replacement 303. They sent a 303 anyway. Turnaround time was great too, about 4 weeks. Overall, a fantastic experience. Here are some before and after pics.

Back