Busse Combat Smatchet !!! . . . Coming This Wednesday, April 24, 2024, at 9:00 PM Eastern . . .

My initial reaction was “wow, that’s ugly” but the more I look at it, the more I like it.
I edcd a blackhawk tatang which is a barong like blade and its very similar to this smatchet. And i found it to be one of the most useful blade shapes ive ever used. And it chops like a champ but can also thrust/stab if needed. And being a wide blade makes digging easy in a pinch if youre without a shovel/spade. Im stoked for mine.. cant wait to have it in hand.

Any estimated time of arrival for these bad boys? I'm stuck in the hospital at the moment. My kidneys have failed. So im awaiting dialysis. I want to make sure i have someone to be around for delivery.

Well call me crazy, but when I looked at this just a minute ago, my first thought was this:

Use screws/bolts instead of rivets/pins for the handle scales so they are removeable. Turn a fat piece of hickory about 6 foot long and the width of the handle at the top, slot it and drill it to match the pin holes, bolt it together and in just a few minutes transform from smatchet to Hog-Spear-from-Hell. 😜

Yeah I know, i'm a crazy ol redneck, but ya know, nobody ever thinks they need a hog-spear.....until they tent camp in east Texas. ;)

Busse Combat Smatchet Coming This Wednesday, April 24, 2024, at 9:00 PM Eastern . . .

Busse Combat Proudly Updates The Legendary Smatchet of WW2 Fame.

The Busse Combat Smatchet is being offered in both a single-edged and a double-edged (Band Breaker) version.

The deep dish hollow bevel along the spine sports an intentionally thick, unground edge for batoning if unsharpened, or it can be brought to a steep, hand-ground edge for use as a bone and band-breaker.

In either configuration, when coupled with the powerful primary flat bevel, the spine bevel aids in both penetration and improved balance.

The skull-crusher (pommel) is designed for devastating back blows!

With a blade length of approx. 9 inches and a blade width of approx. 2.85" at the widest point, the Busse Combat Smatchet is a devastating weapon designed for close-quarters combat.

This fine-edged blade was designed for the battlefield and looks forward to whatever engagements it might incur.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Specs:
Overall Length: Approx. 14.5"
Blade Length: Approx. 9"
Blade Width At Widest Point: 2.85"
Blade Thickness: Approx. .200”
Blade Steel: INFI
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Bevel: Flat Saber
Blade Finish Options: Coated, Stonewashed*, or Comp*
*(Light machining marks may be visible)
Handle: Canvas Micarta or G-10

Blade Coating Options:
Black
Sage
Muddy Brown
Midnight Blue
Forest Green
Hammered Silver
Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
Black Canvas
Tan Canvas
Green Canvas
Black G-10 +$55
Tan and Black G-10 +$80
Green and Black G-10 +$80
Red and Black G-10 +$80
Blue and Black G-10 +$80
Orange and Black G-10 +$80
Nuclear Option Handle +$95

The Nuclear Option:

The Nuclear Option is not for the faint of heart but rather for those bacon-loving HOGs who do not fear the unknown!!!

The Nuclear option on the Smatchet is a grab bag of sorts. You will receive a randomly selected handle from a pile of Nuclear Castoffs.
This pile of handles has many hand-laminated G10 and Micarta slabs as well as some solid colors not normally offered!
This option does not allow you to choose your handle!!!! . . . You do not get A CHOICE! You will get whatever you get by the blind luck of the draw! It is a veritable PORKpourri of oddball handle materials! The Nuclear Option will also include the Busse Custom Shop logo.

Nobody likes whine with their bacon, so we have implemented a "No returns/No whine clause"!
There are no returns on the Nuclear Option. . . .

So, you can either play it safe or you can go where only the bravest of HOGs have gone before. . . . to PORKpourri and beyond!!!!!

Pricing:
Coated Base Price = $597.00
Stonewashed Base Price = $627.00
Comp Base Price = $667.00

Hand-Ground, Band-Breaker Edge: +$35

Smatchet Double Edge Stonewashed
View attachment 2556775

Smatchet Coated Single Edge
View attachment 2556777

Smatchet Coated Double Edge
View attachment 2556778

Smatchet With Comp Finish and Single Edge