Recommendation? Busse Wharncliffe?

CS Sus Scrofa variant ftw
View attachment 1341051

note how the edge is perfectly located below the handle...NICE

if I had one like that to use, I would bet the spine divots would make nice thumb rests, too :thumbsup:

a Battle Grade or Combat Grade with Micarta handles would be the cat's pajamas! :cool:

although that polished INFI looks great and would be better for kitchen work, imho.

I've grown to appreciate the utility in this blade shape.

Spyderco Dragonfly Wharnie and Centofante 4 have been very good slicers for my pocket.

The Wharncliffe blade shape has gotten a lot of traction in folders, but there's not a lot of fixed blades out there ground in this pattern.

I've had my eye on this one...
COHO_RT_700x.jpg

Has there ever been a Busse or Kin model in a straight Wharncliffe, with no recurve or hooked tip? Sus Scrofa seems to be the closest I can find. o_O

If not...can we get one? Please, thank you. :)

I have confidence Jerry could revolutionize the wharncliffe shape for fixies.
Good call! I’ve got a Bradford Guardian 3 wharnie in 4V and I can’t get enough! Perfect for work and opening packages. Would love to see an SR-101 wharnie!
LHbhBaE.jpg

Last edited:
How about fit and finish? I'm tempted to get one, but I think I saw spine with water jet marks after cutting..
but overall it looks like an useful type of knife

note how the edge is perfectly located below the handle...NICE

if I had one like that to use, I would bet the spine divots would make nice thumb rests, too :thumbsup:

a Battle Grade or Combat Grade with Micarta handles would be the cat's pajamas! :cool:

although that polished INFI looks great and would be better for kitchen work, imho.
...It's..close. the pommel does drop a tad below the edge line, but still a handy wharny & I like it a lot. Lose the egg breaker & it's golden in that regard. If Jerry was to do a run, my only suggestion would be to have the entire handle & pommel above the edge line. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As long as you don't mind which Busse designed it, you might consider one of my daughter's Wharncliffe designs.

Maddie is only 10 years old but she and her 3 other siblings have been designing for years!!! Upwards of probably 8 years combined! (Quite the opposite of the over 10,000 years that you'll find in the Crab Shack!)

In fact, one of our upcoming designs was put together by my sons, Cool Handle Luke and Paul (PoPo) They're still trying to decide on a name for it!
They tell me that's the hard part!!!

Here's one of Maddie's "Next Gen Busse" blades.

The colors are a bit bedazzled, but you can see what she was going for. . . LOL

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Maddie%20Mae-X2.jpg

Paul just reminded me that he drew one up a while ago as well. He used something similar to our steak knife handle at a canted angle.

These kids are prolific!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

PoPo%20Wharncliffe%201-X3.jpg

I would be wonderfully happy with either or both of those designs!

Your kids are doing well, Boss! Bright futures!

Back