Camillus 26

Dan1892

Gold Member
Hey all. I was visiting my Mom and Dad this weekend for Mother's Day and my Dad and I started talking knives. He pulled out this old hunting knife that used to belong to his Dad and gave it to me. It was in pretty rough shape. I spent a couple hours cleaning it up last night - polishing the bolsters and removing as much rust as I could. Looks a lot better now and I'm proud to own it and have something that belonged to my grandfather and my Dad.

Can anyone nail down a date for me on this or provide any other info? Are the covers bone or delrin? My grandfather passed away in 1988 so it's at least older than that. It has a very faint crossed swords etching on the main blade. I'm thinking maybe late 70s?

Thanks!

20220509_083423.jpg20220509_083442.jpg20220509_083454.jpg20220509_083509.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knife you did a good job cleaning it. I have similar 2 blade hunting knives 1 was my Dad’s the other my Grandfather’s. My Grandfather’s was rusted shut when I got it.

The handles on yours look plastic to me. But I love the color they have.

Nice knife you did a good job cleaning it. I have similar 2 blade hunting knives 1 was my Dad’s the other my Grandfather’s. My Grandfather’s was rusted shut when I got it.

The handles on yours look plastic to me. But I love the color they have.
Thanks. The covers seem a little different than my Uncle Henry knives, and I thought I read somewhere that the sword brand knives had bone covers. Either way, I like the knife.

Back