Can We See a Video of You Chipping Ti?

Awesome!!! Such highly skilled work..... and just one tiny slip......!!!??? Suicide?

Last edited:
Great work! I notice that you seem to spend a fair amount time sharpening the graver by hand. Have you ever tried a Sichtschleifscheibe (view grinding wheel)? The horizontal wheel has abrasive on the underside. The work is brought to the underside of the wheel. A strong light and a series of slots lets you watch the material being removed from the graver. Handy for many jobs like chamfering Allen bits.A944E6C5-083B-4845-97B5-2BCB78DE891B.png5FF08651-09EB-42A9-86F0-F06E102653CF.png

Great work! I notice that you seem to spend a fair amount time sharpening the graver by hand. Have you ever tried a Sichtschleifscheibe (view grinding wheel)? The horizontal wheel has abrasive on the underside. The work is brought to the underside of the wheel. A strong light and a series of slots lets you watch the material being removed from the graver. Handy for many jobs like chamfering Allen bits.View attachment 1926996View attachment 1926997
A powered setup would be great, but portability is a big factor since I do engraving both at home and at work. At some point I'll break down and buy a diamond lap...probably sooner than later🤷‍♂️😂

Back