Central CA Mini Knife Show & Get Together

On Saturday, October 19, there will be a mini knife show, auction, meet and greet. It will be held at the Collage of the Sequoias Ag department in Tulare, California. The knife show is part of our annual ABS bladesmithing expo and it starts after we break for lunch at noon. It is free to anyone who comes in on Saturday after noon o’clock and you can bring knives to show off. Of course you are also more than welcome to attend the entire three day expo but there is a fee for that.

We usually have an ettendance of 60-70 people at for the 3-day expo but I'm hoping the knife show will attract some new faces. I will have some knives to show/sell as well as Mike Vagnino, Tom Ferry, Don Andrade and many others. I will also invite any other knifemakers from around here that I can think of.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I hope to see you there.

Thanks,

-Ray

KNIFESHOWOCT192013.png

Hammer-inPoster.png

Last edited:
That's the day before my birthday too!^ Wish I could make it :( I hope there's a good turnout, and that you all have a great time! :thumbup:

Wow, I had an great time! It was an honor and pleasure to meet all of the Masters of Metal. Time went by so fast I never got a chance to ask all of my questions.

Thanks to Ray Laconico for giving me the VIP tour with introductions to the Masters. This educational show was a lot more social than other knife shows where the knife makers were coming up to you and asking you for your opinions.

Only had time for this terrible pic.
Knives are from Mike Vagnino, Ray Laconico, Eugene Solomonik, and Matt Cucchiarra.

I'm glad you had a good time. It was really nice to meet you. I'll post a new thread about the hammer in later today. This was my favorite hammer in so far and definately the best mini show we've ever had. I'm glad we decided to invite new people.

Hey Primitive, glad to have finally met you. I want to thank you attending the show. As Ray says it was by far out best show to date. I really hope we can keep expanding it.

Take care

Michael

First started with Kevin Cashen, MS doing a lecture on quillion daggers
14.jpg

Here's George Cummings showing a few antique knives and talking about knife collecting
13.jpg

Steve Koster, JS forging a damascus bowie
12.jpg

Rick Furrer making wootz
6.jpg

Dan Pfanenstiel doing a heat treating with hamons demo
1.jpg

Tom Ferry, MS lecturing about how to profit in the knife business
2.jpg

Friday night dinner pics
4.jpg

3.jpg

David Mirabile with a few attendees doing some forging
5.jpg

This was the only picture I took during the knife show. My knives along with Matt Cucchiarra's who came for the show.
7.jpg

Here's Bill Stuart doing a demo on making mokume
9.jpg

Sushi dinner Sunday night
10.jpg

It was a great get together. Here are some photos of Dan Pfanstentiel's heat treating forge:

Taj

Hey Ghameh, I don't know if we we met. I don't remember meeting anybody else from Visalia. Would be nice to know another knifemaker in town.

Back