• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Chicago Knife Works Insults and Disappoints

I wanted to share a very bad experience with Chicago Knife Words, and extremely rude comments by Mobeen Ashiq.

First, I've ordered from CKW many times before. I have an account with a history of more than $300 in purchases since January, more before that. I've always had good experiences with them (other than the website being clunky). Good products, fast shipping, all good! Not anymore.

I placed another order for $104. I got an e-mail confirming it, then another one from Mr Ashiq saying the transaction had been cancelled. Something wrong with address verification. Why? I still live at the same place

I asked why, pointed out I had a history with CKW, and lived at the same address. Mr. Ashiq told me I was not telling him the truth, and they they confirmed I had no previous orders with CKW. Can you believe that anyone would speak that way to a customer?

I sent a screenshot of my CKW profile, proving that I had this history, pointed out I had just updated my email address in the profile, and asking for an apology. Mr. Ashiq instead made excuses. He said "we can't see" those transactions. Well, that's stupid - but more important, it's a good reason you shouldn't accuse a customer of lying about having a purchase history (if you can't see transactions after the customer changes the email address.)

But Mr. Ashiq didn't apologize, and did not fix the problem. He made excuses, and I could go on about the correspondence but he just got more rude from there.

It's bad that the problem happened but I understand mistakes happen. But it's way out of line for the owner to accuse me of being untruthful of having a purchase history with his company. And it's inexcusable that when shown a screenshot from his own website that proves I was telling the truth, he makes excuses instead of apologizing and re-authorizing the transaction.

So, I thought I'd share. And I'm posting a report to the Credit Card company. I'll go back to SMKW.

Hello

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with CKW.
I've purchased from them many, many times and never had an issue.

Good luck, OP

Just ordered another knife from CKW a couple of days ago. Post Office has the info., just waiting for it to be shipped.
Like L.A. Saiga, I've purchased from them before with no problems.
I'll repost here when I receive the knife I just ordered.

Best of luck to jayjaygee.

Thanks for sharing. You get to know the true character of a man/company when things go wrong. Everyone can have good experiences when things are going good. It is just inexcusable to talk to a customer that way no matter what assumptions you have. Chicago Knife Works has been added to my blacklist of dealers right next to True North Knives.

“You get to know the true character of a man” when they have a problem, keep the knife, post a complaint, the purveyor admits they acted poorly but the man still keeps whipping the dog…

Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.

“You get to know the true character of a man” when they have a problem, keep the knife, post a complaint, the purveyor admits they acted poorly but the man still keeps whipping the dog…

Care to point out where OP stated that the seller apologized for his behavior? Or was this you once again defending a bad actor?

Care to point out where the OP said they received a knife? Your reading comprehension is still broken after all these years, you should have that looked at.

Care to point out where the OP said they received a knife? Your reading comprehension is still broken after all these years, you should have that looked at.
But he supports the site with his MIND!!

Care to point out where OP stated that the seller apologized for his behavior? Or was this you once again defending a bad actor?
But he supports the site with his MIND!!

Hahaha, I’m pretty sure he’s referencing my horrible experience with Neil, from True North Knives. Kinda creepy to be stalking me like that, ngl.

Maybe he should start supporting this site with a membership instead.

Mr. Mind Support, I adore your relentless dedication in protecting your bad actor of a buddy, Neil. He may have admitted to acting poorly after being called out on it for weeks by this community but he’s not sorry; and neither am I.

Back