Chimera / Scythe?

Jackal

Gold Member
Where are all the Chimeras? Been looking for one in the exchange forum. Guess their still somewhat hard to come by. Guess that's a good thing. ;) Does anyone know how many Scythes were made? Judging by Ancient Sul's old post, I assume their were only about 2? Oh well, their cool!!! Love that blade. Thanks!!!

P.S. Has their been any changes to the Chimeras since they were fist introduced? I've emailed Deryk.

-AR

Yeah, I would be interested too on whether the Chimera's have been changed, I think there are a few new models at Bladegallery.
I e-mailed Deryk, but i haven't had a response for a while, he must be kinda busy...

I talked to Deryk a week or so ago and he told me he is not going to be making any more Chimera's.

He's currently working on a new design based on the Chimera and expects to unveil it this summer.

I guess everyone who missed out will have to get them on the secondary market, or buy the one Blade Art has on their page...

I'm glad I got mine when I did, they are an excellent little piece!

I believe the Scythe was a special order that Larry and Acient Sul asked him to make.

The only real changes I know of are purely cosmetic. He's changed scale material and made some more artsy than others.

Mine's a Chimera Elite, all Ti handle/scales and a Talonite blade.. :)

Should be some left at Blade Gallery and I think Les Robertson has one...

DOes anyone know anything about the new knife Deryk is making, like steel, shape, etc.???

I believe that there were somewhere around 50 made, very sweet knives, I had 2 at one time (one CF handled and 1 Ti.)

mmtmatrix

Last I checked blade gallery is out. They say there are more on order but when I talked to Deryk he wasn't making them so I think their web page just needs updating.

He wasn't giving up too much info on the new design so I don't know much, but I think he's continuing to focus on using Talonite as a blade material..

...guess I'll try to wait it out maybe. Someone will cough one up. I just didn't want to have to sell first. I prefer to trade. ;) Thanks!!!

-AR

Deryk showed me a "New" style Chimera at the NY show back in November - It's similar, but NOT the same - I don't like it as much

My Chimera is NOT for sale

Charles, can you give me some info on how the new Chimera? or anyone else? Any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by EiNLaNZeR
Charles, can you give me some info on how the new Chimera? or anyone else? Any info would be appreciated.

The scales where different, (sort of half scales on the clip side), different handle shape - I didn't pay much attention, it didn't appeal to ME as much.

I really should put in an order for a new knife from him. The only problem is "Lack of funds". I'd love a Warncliff blade talonite knife

Back