Christmas Gift Exchange

I wrote a little thing on the bushcraft site in reference to the toys you remember or meant the most that you received on Christmas. I’ll quote it below.

Love hearing the stories and memories. There were also six of us kids ( 5 boys and one girl), we were blessed to have plenty of gifts and toys, so I am grateful we were were blessed, not rich but never wanting for food , clothes, and shoes, but what I do remember is also putting up the tree that we had from the 50s or 60s, the pole with colored holes and the branches had colored metal ends so as to know where to put the branches. We also had colored 4 watt bulbs and dad was alway telling us not to break them. Mom got mad at us as we threw tinsel everywhere on the tree rather than draping it gracefully and evenly on the branches. We put up a manger scene listened to old Christmas albums as we decorated. The toys I remember are a Six million dollar man with rocket ( my favorite show as a kid) with his removable arm that had secret compartments and fold over skin, and the Space 1999 space eagle. I also got Star Trek figures, and a few Star Wars figures, still got them somewhere. One thing always puzzled me in our stocking stuffers besides the usual stuff, my dad would put an orange in there. I thought that was odd, soi asked him why he gave us a piece of fruit. My dad grew up in the 30s and 40s, and while there were refrigerated vehicles and box cars, it was a rare treat to get a fruit in the middle of winter,especially in Pennsylvania. It made me think that he was telling me about his childhood and family, and the lesson stuck with me how fortunate we were and are to this day.
I had the 6 million dollar action figure too.
He had a magnifying lens in one eye?
I remember the rubber folding skin too. Haha

Your stories bring back lots of memories

I had the 6 million dollar action figure too.
He had a magnifying lens in one eye?
I remember the rubber folding skin too. Haha

Your stories bring back lots of memories

yes, same one. He had the engine block he lifted too, and I had the robot that was his nemesis, had a mask to look like Steve Austin that covered his face, and that looked like he was damaged. Just we looked it up, it was Maskatron, but I didn’t know they made Big Foot, Oscar Goldman, the Bionic Woman and the Venus space probe too. I also forgot the space ship doubled as a surgery rest bed for Steve.

Last edited:
It's been so long since I posted a pic on BF that I had forgotten how. Thanks again to John for keeping this forum running and to my not-so-secret Santa for a great gift. There was also a coin and a hand written note in the gift box that I'm keeping

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it, Fishiker! For the life of me I can't remember the name, maybe John can help out there? It's a sweet little knife for sure. On occasion I have enjoyed doling out a few from my dad's collection. He was super generous and would smile to know his knives are still bringing happiness to folks. Of course, I still have plenty left, both his knives and all the ones I bought myself.;) Now that my shoulder has pretty much healed I'm looking forward to getting out into the woods and taking the JK Camp Knife. I had dinked around for a couple years, making sketches in my notebook planning the design I wanted John to make. Then he posted a pic of the Camp Knife and it could have been my drawing! I'm not 100% sure but I might have purchased the prototype, certainly an early one. I can't imagine ever parting with it while I'm fit enough to use it. There are a couple in the collection with orange G10 scales from back when John still used it, those are getting buried with me.:cool:

Back