Cold Steel comes out with new line of fixed blades... in 4116.

The two big ones look like copies of the Buck Reaper. The smallest one looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure what its for. It has that tactical steak knife look.

The two big ones look like copies of the Buck Reaper. The smallest one looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure what its for. It has that tactical steak knife look.
Exactly what I thought, they look like Buck knives.

Exactly what I thought, they look like Buck knives.
i guess a little bit.. the reaper was a cheaper version of Buck release of Ron Hoods thug knife. not exact, but close in shape and size.

BU070.jpg
download.jpeg.jpg

these razor tecs dont have that style really. to me they look like an off the shelf Chinese design. remind me of something Boker Magnum would produce.

i guess a little bit.. the reaper was a cheaper version of Buck release of Ron Hoods thug knife. not exact, but close in shape and size.

View attachment 1807151
View attachment 1807153

these razor tecs dont have that style really. to me they look like an off the shelf Chinese design. remind me of something Boker Magnum would produce.
Great !

Not just ridiculously overpriced for the cheap build ...but also a copy . :mad::thumbsdown:

Maybe should not have let all their designers go ?

Its the typical trend of a knife with no guard,just a full tang blade w scales bolted to it because its easier to make.In 4116 its gotta be so cheap to produce i cannot see that kind of price for this thing...

Budget materials at a premium price . 4116 / GFN / plastic sheath :(:thumbsdown:

Kinda the opposite of why I came to love CS .

I paid less for my 3V Warcraft , medium size .
These are products intended to meet a profit margin. Nothing wrong with that, but you gotta pair it with passion. I dunno, those Razor Teks look rather underwhelming. It doesn’t have the unapologetic brashness of the Old Steel knives.

As a general rule I expect companies and products to improve over time, often while dropping in price. Aus8 becomes Aus10 which transitions to S35 and so on. GrivEx becomes G10 then perhaps 3D machined G10, all while the price remains steady. Nor is it just knives. Cars and trucks have more power, better mileage, and are considerably safer. Computers and phones double in power every few years, and so it goes.

But under GSM we see the opposite. Quality is slashed and prices explode. Cold Steel no longer makes knives for knife aficionados who want quality and understand what they are buying, they make knives to trick the ignorant.

As a general rule I expect companies and products to improve over time, often while dropping in price. Aus8 becomes Aus10 which transitions to S35 and so on. GrivEx becomes G10 then perhaps 3D machined G10, all while the price remains steady. Nor is it just knives. Cars and trucks have more power, better mileage, and are considerably safer. Computers and phones double in power every few years, and so it goes.

But under GSM we see the opposite. Quality is slashed and prices explode. Cold Steel no longer makes knives for knife aficionados who want quality and understand what they are buying, they make knives to trick the ignorant.
good point there..

they do want to recoup the money they paid Lynn for his business quickly.......so guess it was inevitable......

like you though I'm not gonna help them on their new low cost, lower grade materials but high priced items though.

Best breakdown and explanation I’ve seen yet, perfection!!! Once again everybody, buy all the old steel you can. GSM isn’t a knife company, they are a profit company FIRST and they just so happen to sell knives, they’ll sacrifice everything for the increasing the profit margin even as little as 1% if that means the c-suite asshats will get their quarterly or annual bonuses.

Back