Come and get your...........305

Hickory n steel

Gold Member

I completely forgot there was a red bone 305 , but again a great member found a 305 on Ebay that I didn't have and sent me the link.

it looks like there may be a little bit of epoxy or something around the shield, but otherwise seems to be an excellent example, I can deal with that glue or whatever no problem when I get it.

Nice red bone. Wonder if the bone came to Buck pre-jigged from the supplier? OH
I would imagine so.
There's just no way a company who had only been making their own slipjoints for a few years and only using jigged bone on a limited basis could nail it so well especially on a small little knife like the 305.
You've got companies like Bear & Sons who've been at it for a long time and still do jigged bone that looks like it came from Frost cutlery, yet Bucks jigged bone is right up there with Case.

The knife arrived and it's beautiful.

Is there anything else that could come in this box to give them reason to print KNIFE on the side so you knew it had a knife in it ?

It's definitely the same jigging as the Buckbone, but significantly nicer because it has a rocker pin and a shield.

Being a 1988 it's also a single spring which I didn't think about, it happens to have the absolute best snap of all my 305's too but I know that's not just an inherent trait of the single spring knives.

That was just some excess factory glue around the shield, it came right off with a toothpick.

Last edited:
The knife arrived and it's beautiful.

Is there anything else that could come in this box to give them reason to print KNIFE on the side so you knew it had a knife in it ?

It's definitely the same jigging as the Buckbone, but significantly nicer because it has a rocker pin and a shield.

Being a 1988 it's also a single spring which I didn't think about, it happens to have the absolute best snap of all my 305's too but I know that's not just an inherent trait of the single spring knives.

That was just some excess factory glue around the shield, it came right off with a toothpick.
Really nice!!😊
Congrats!! 🤝
BOTM material right there!! ❤️
John 🍻

I have 2 and like my other one more, plus they're all users and I don't need one I'm not going to carry.
If it doesn't end up with somebody here I'll probably just give it to my uncle who favors small knives like the 305 as much as I do.
be a very nice gift for your uncle.......that's a good plan

Engraved (both sides) red bones. Smoky Mountain about '88/'89. Serialized sets.
red-bone-300s-02-jpg.1620150

Back