Recommendation? Convex sharpening

Sad to hear he’s gone. I’ve done several deals with him over the years, and have nothing but good things to say.
Same here. I will miss his contribution to various discussions in BF. He's still in business though, so I will continue to have him sharpen my knives. He can take a knife with an average factory edge and transform it into an incredibly sharp cutting tool! A knife sharpened by Chris will have significantly higher performance than with the usual factory edge.

Same here about Father and Son Trading...I've had several deals with him and he's always been a pleasure do deal with. I need his contact info if someone would be so obliged.

Just a personal note—I emailed Ban several weeks ago about a convex sharpening job. No response to date. Really didn’t expect one, as he told me many moons ago that he was getting out of that business.

Ban Tang has a website. Contact him there to see if he still offers sharpening.

Just a personal note—I emailed Ban several weeks ago about a convex sharpening job. No response to date. Really didn’t expect one, as he told me many moons ago that he was getting out of that business.

I will say that I have done the same as well, I did that just recently and it is the second time in the past year or so that I have done so and I have not received response either time. So I think it's pretty safe to say that he is not taking on this work any longer.

Just do it yourself, I use an older Craftsman benchtop 2" belt sander with an assortment of belts.
Practice on a cheap Harbor Freight Machete and get comfortable with the sander first.

A Ken Onion Work Sharp, works good also for smaller jobs, I just stripped and sharpened my Proto Boss Jack. Went from my most dull knife, to scarry sharp!

Just do it yourself, I use an older Craftsman benchtop 2" belt sander with an assortment of belts.
Practice on a cheap Harbor Freight Machete and get comfortable with the sander first.

A Ken Onion Work Sharp, works good also for smaller jobs, I just stripped and sharpened my Proto Boss Jack. Went from my most dull knife, to scarry sharp!

Just the encouragement I need! Those look really nice!

Any trouble with rounding of the tips? Yours appear very clean like that wasn't an issue but it's one of the main things I'd imagine one would have to be careful to avoid.

Back