CPK EDC/EDC2 Sheath Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi folks!
I started planning out a sheath for Carother's EDC last night, and I'm hoping to gauge interest for a batch build here.

This isn't a firm commitment by any means, and I have not yet built a prototype for you to look at, but if you think you might want one please post here to let me know.

The price will likely be in the $140 range, and the sheath will be designed around this DCC clip although I'm open to suggestions at this stage.

Thanks for your input!

what kind of aftermarket clips are people liking?

You know I'm in for this project! Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I kinda like the Ulticlips personally. Though the DCC clips would be my second choice.

Definitely interested in this!

For my EDC, I typically have - and prefer - a Mummert clip on my Mashed Cat taco sheath.

I'm still waffling between the DCC and the Mummert for my DEK1.

I'm using a DCC clip for my UF2, but that may change once Lorien's sheath gets here - we'll see. :)

I'm finding it a bit challenging to design this sheath for multiple different clips.
I wonder if I should order the specific clip I have in mind and just include it with the sheath?
The plan is to make it compatible with an aftermarket belt carry attachment, (any suggestions?) because the knife was designed to be carried that way initially. I think it's a little on the shapely and thicc side, but it is handy to jam it into a pocket in a lot of different situations.

The plan is now underway and I'm at the conceptualization phase. I'm starting to think this sheath may take on an unusual shape, but we'll see. I just really want it to work perfectly, which is extra challenging since the knife itself is so versatile. The sheath needs to work in so many different conditions and configurations. Lots to think aboot.

turns out the Ulticlip Slim 3 and DCC model 4 are nearly identical. For pocket carry, the DCC is in my mind the better choice, due to the fact that the angle of the clip is adjustable. But the Ulticlip has up and down adjustability, which could it make the better choice depending on your situation. Regardless, either will work!

I'm also pretty sure that a Sagewood dangler would be compatible with the hole placement required by either clip. It would be helpful to see one of those danglers beside an EDC to get a better sense of proportions

I'm finding it a bit challenging to design this sheath for multiple different clips.
I wonder if I should order the specific clip I have in mind and just include it with the sheath?
The plan is to make it compatible with an aftermarket belt carry attachment, (any suggestions?) because the knife was designed to be carried that way initially. I think it's a little on the shapely and thicc side, but it is handy to jam it into a pocket in a lot of different situations.

The plan is now underway and I'm at the conceptualization phase. I'm starting to think this sheath may take on an unusual shape, but we'll see. I just really want it to work perfectly, which is extra challenging since the knife itself is so versatile. The sheath needs to work in so many different conditions and configurations. Lots to think aboot.

I really like the option to belt carry as that's how I usually carry my EDCs and the Sagewood dangler is something I use often. And having an option to use Ulticlip and lock it onto a pocket or even tucked IWB if wanted appeals a lot too.

Edit: to add ... I will try to get a picture tomorrow of a Sagewood dangler by an EDC and post it if no one gets that done before I get home.

I thought I had a small Sagewood adapter that wasn't on a sheath, but I'll have to look more or I can take one off a sheath if you need more or better pictures of any part or angle of it. This isn't on an EDC sheath but I put it by an EDC2 and tried to use a ruler for scale.

Lorien Lorien ... Let me know if ypu need any other pictures or better measurements.

20230122_180113_resized(2).jpg
20230122_180156_resized.jpg
20230122_180226_resized(1).jpg
20230122_180337_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had a small Sagewood adapter that wasn't on a sheath, but I'll have to look more or I can take one off a sheath if you need more or better pictures of any part or angle of it. This isn't on an EDC sheath but I put it by an EDC2 and tried to use a ruler for scale.

Lorien Lorien ... Let me know if ypu need any other pictures or better measurements.

View attachment 2056045
View attachment 2056046
View attachment 2056047
View attachment 2056048
thank you for this!
The sheath will be designed around the dangler with the vertically placed holes, but the dimensions of everything else will likely be the same, so I think I have a good idea now. I feel like it's gonna work out pretty good :cool:

thank you for this!
The sheath will be designed around the dangler with the vertically placed holes, but the dimensions of everything else will likely be the same, so I think I have a good idea now. I feel like it's gonna work out pretty good :cool:
You're very welcome. I'm glad you planning on a the Sagewood Dangler working with your sheaths. If you need anything else measurement or comparasion wise let me know. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back