Curious about Bladerigger?

I'm glad this forum is finally up!

I just wanted to post a note and proclaim the praises of James Piorek of Bladerigger.

Since January I've procured an SB3 rig, and on it I've carried blades up to 12" in length easily concealed. I've also got an Execulite shoulder harness with two blades, and the knives tuck right close to the body, again, easily concealed. On top of that, he also sold me a matched pair of 8" Ban Bog sticks in a horizontal belt sheath. They've been on my person practically every day since I bought them. They're solid titanium, anodized purple. What's particularly neat about them is when you draw them you can pull the cord of one through the other for a makeshift nunchaku. The neatest, however, has to be the V-Gar system I purchased from him. It has a titanium weight on one end, and a loop on the other end of a 20" titanium cord. There's all sorts of applications for it. The belt it comes in provides an easy draw, and the belt itself is comfortable and certainly holds my pants up.

I have an anxious two-year wait for the custom knife I ordered from him. To James' credit, I changed my mind twice on the knife I ordered, and he never complained or even acted put out. Instead, he never expressed anything but his enthusiasm for my ideas and a desire to make sure that I was happy with my Bladerigger products. He's an embodiment of what customer service should be.

I'm a nervous sort of customer, the kind that annoys some makers. James is always busy, but he also took time out to address my concerns and answer my questions. He's knowledgeable, he has a sense of humor, and he's amazingly flexible. I would never heasitate to refer someone to James. If it has to do with self-defense equiptment, and if it can be done, James can do it.

The two makers I always reccommend are James Piorek at www.bladerigger.com and Jerry Hossom at www.hossom.com (Between the two of them I'm spoiled. I've been a knife collector for over twelve years, and these two gentlemen are at the pinnacle of the field.)

I'd encourage you to contact James or at least visit his website.

Zog

------------------
For reality as we have it is only one of many possible realities; it is not inevitable, not arbitrary, it bears within itself other possibilities.
-M. Bakhtin

Bad news - my two year wait for a Jashido Compact slipped quietly by in the spring!

When you call James, and he tells you, his voice bubbling with excitement, about all of the new stuff he's up to, how can you complain that stuff takes too long. I'd never deny anyone the joy that James seems to take from his life.

You've got all the time you need, James!

I love my V-Gar for entering secured areas. Last time I carried it "discretely", I looped it onto my camera as a carry strap, put it into the tray, and it didn't get a second glance. Works great with cell phones, too!

I can certainly empathize. It's a long wait for his custom blades, but worth it for the patient. Many of his SCP systems do not require that much patience, however. Of all the weapons and systems from him the only thing that took more than four months was the fully custom knife I ordered. That may take a while, but everything else came quickly.

Zog

Back