Custom Scales for my Emerson?

I have CAD/CAM files and machine scales for a few Emerson models...

Emerson Commander (back spacer model)
Emerson Commander (standoff model)
Emerson Mini Commander (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (back spacer model)
Emerson CQC-7 (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (FLIPPER model)
Emerson Mini CQC-8 Horseman

Hey all, just curious of there are a couple other options. I contacted Steve and he's taking the month of July off. Anyone else make custom scales? I'm looking for some black micarta scales for a CQC7 Flipper.

Try Andrew Charlet (fastlt1nos on instagram). He does good work with his modifications, but probably would sell you some scales or install them if you send him your knife.

Hello Boomer52, just saw a lot of your work on Flickr and was really impressed. Do you have a way to make custom handles/ scales for an Emerson Gypsy Jack? Brand new here sorry if this isn't the best way but I couldn't find a way to message you directly. Thanks for your help!

I have CAD/CAM files and machine scales for a few Emerson models...

Emerson Commander (back spacer model)
Emerson Commander (standoff model)
Emerson Mini Commander (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (back spacer model)
Emerson CQC-7 (standoff model)
Emerson CQC-7 (FLIPPER model)
Emerson Mini CQC-8 Horseman

Oops I think I'm supposed to put BOOMER52 BOOMER52 and I was missing the @. Mr. Butcher is there any way you can help me with some scales for an Emerson Gypsy Jack please? Thanks for your time.

Unfortunately the Gypsy Jack is NOT a model of Emerson that I have CAD/CAM files for... sorry.

Thanks for the reply anyway! If I can find someone who can create CAD/CAM files for you would that be worth doing or even realistic?

I've never worked with files that I've not created myself... however if a file accurately locates the necessary critical landmarks and profile... that would go a long way to being able to machine scales. Additional data will be required... such as scale thickness... screw pocket depths for all hardware... reverse side pocket placement and pocketing depth.

Absolutely... sbutcher 1552 at yahoo dot com

Delete all spaces... replace at with @... and dot with .

Hi BOOMER52 BOOMER52 I'm interested inpirchasing a set of scales for my Emerson mini horseman. How do I go about finding pricing and ordering?

Thanks,

Dan

Newbie looking to find some custom CQc-7 scales for sale or possibly a cad file I can use with a bob’s CnC mill?

Mike...

I might be able to provide the G-code depending on what output your Bob's CNC can digest. I built my own controller and it uses Mach2/3Arcs(inch)(*.txt).

IF that doesn't pan out I can certainly send you an .eps file of whichever model CQC-7 you need... back spacer... standoff... or flipper. It would look something like this... with this one being a standoff model file.

Steve
mdDkE1K.png

Back