Recommendation? Decision, decisions.... Advice for a newbie?

Yes, the RMD as the first Bussekin, has led many a normally stalwart man down that never ending path.

I enjoy the look when one of “the uninitiated” is admiring one from my collection, and I mention that the knife they’re holding cost $500 - (or more).

Some even look as if they are truly viewing a man who has gone “round the bend.” But we all know better. Right?

The JH-10 is such a classic, old school Bowie without all the fancy hilt/guard embellishments. I was sceptical at first, but it's a brilliant knife. Would make a great fighter as it's light and fast with great reach and an expansive cutting edge and that classic clipped point. Also great for trail clearing and anything but heavy chopping. If I were traveling into the unknown and could only bring what I could carry, I'd almost certainly keep the JH10 on my hip.

Take some advice from an old timer ...

Run! Run away! As fast as you can. Sell those knives. Forget that you ever heard of the Bussekin universe.

Lest you max out every credit line, wipe out your daughter's college fund, and descend to eating ramen.

I tried ... I tried ......

Take some advice from an old timer ...

Run! Run away! As fast as you can. Sell those knives. Forget that you ever heard of the Bussekin universe.

Lest you max out every credit line, wipe out your daughter's college fund, and descend to eating ramen.

I tried ... I tried ......

As of 2AM Monday I seem to have acquired a total of seven Busse & kin blades..... How did that happen? Now where's those ramen?

Hi Dave from Ireland. I seen that RMD you bought on EM I was tempted myself but I have a few already so I passed.
The first Busse/kin I bought was the RMD a few years ago direct and believe me it's escalated since then. I have most of the popular Busse's but RES C is probably my favourite handle material.
Welcome to being broke :eek:
Thanks David, I was surprised the RMD hung around for as long as it did, my bank balance would be a lot healthier if you'd bought it instead :p.

Thanks David, I was surprised the RMD hung around for as long as it did, my bank balance would be a lot healthier if you'd bought it instead :p.
Believe me I was tempted but I'm weird about colours, if it was black G10 or black micarta it would have been gone even though I have already. You can't go wrong with an RMD still have my first one with me everyday in the work van. Best of luck getting more it's addictive. I seen you bought some from JACKMANDU. He's a good guy you won't go wrong with him.

I don't like DC because it gets dirty more easily than satin/CF and makes it more rust prone

Back