Do you guys play video games?

When I am at the shop, or doing work stuff on the computer, or even when I leave the house for the day, I often leave Minecraft running in the background, at the spider spawner that my friends and I built a killbox around. Behold, easy XP, for all your gear upgrading needs. This was today's haul after I returned from post office:

I've been spending my spare moments on Starfield currently. I've always been a fan of BSG games, though I have to say that Starfield probably feels the most like the bones of a game that was released before it was finished. A lot of "hook" elements left in the game that clearly were supposed to be more fleshed out but they ran out of time. It's going to take several signficant patches and updates before this game really comes into its own.

I’m not big into gaming these days, but I used to play a good deal (note my Avatar) especially Halo, which is still my favorite FPS label.

I haven’t read all of this thread as I’m not looking for new games at the moment, but I wanted to suggest Minecraft to you folks in case it hasn’t come up.

I suspect that many of you might think of it as a kid’s game, but in survival mode it’s probably the most immersive and adrenaline producing game I’ve ever played, and I’m 51. 52? Something like that. ;)

If I could only have one game for the rest of my life - Minecraft hands down.

I've been having a blast with God of War Ragnarok lately – the storytelling, graphics, and gameplay are just wow! It's been amazing to dive into Norse mythology. The combat sequences are so well done, and the world is just packed with details. It's one of those titles that's hard to put down once you start playing.
I also spend quite a bit of time on League of Legends. It's got its own unique appeal with the strategy and team play. League has a massive player base and a very competitive aspect, but I love the challenge and the dynamics between the players. And ever since I started using this ArcaneScript, playing LoL has turned into a major hobby for me. The script offers a different perspective on the game, adding a fresh twist to my gaming sessions and helping me play better, especially against the veterans.

Last edited:
I've been having a blast with God of War Ragnarok lately – the storytelling, graphics, and gameplay are just wow! It's been amazing to dive into Norse mythology. The combat sequences are so well done, and the world is just packed with details. It's one of those titles that's hard to put down once you start playing.
Glad you’re enjoying it. I had a good time with GoWR too, but I personally prefer GoW 2018.

Just finished Professional S+ on Resident Evil 4 Remake. Highly recommended for action and third person shooter fans.
Got RE2+3 remakes bundle from sale, thinking of 7+Village too now that they would be bundled cheap together. Haven't had time to play them yet but good to have some ready to play. :)
Played the original RE4 on PS2 so it's not on my priority list but it looks good too.

Got RE2+3 remakes bundle from sale, thinking of 7+Village too now that they would be bundled cheap together. Haven't had time to play them yet but good to have some ready to play. :)
Played the original RE4 on PS2 so it's not on my priority list but it looks good too.
Hey dude. I highly recommend RE4 Remake. It’s a real treat as well for folks who played the original 2005 game. It’ll surprise you in quite a few ways for sure. 😁

If you do decide to get it, I suggest starting on the Standard difficulty.

RE2 Remake is also one of my favorite games of all time. Would love to hear your thoughts on it once you get around to it.

Just recently, I finished Hogwart's (& sent it off to college so our daughter & her boyfriend could play it), put in a few more hours on Skyrim, then set it aside to take up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. As for DE:MD, I like it. It feels like the game that I wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to be. (I'm an old cyberpunk/Shadowrun fan.)

I'm trying to make cool levels on Mario Maker 2.

it's difficult to not just toss a bunch of bad guys and obstacles on a flat plane and say ''haha now it's a cool hard level''

I'm working on it but its definately a step learning curve

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm mostly a retro gamer, but my kids bought me Mario Wonder for Christmas and I've had a blast with it. Classic fun Mario gameplay with plenty of delightful new twists.

BcJlkAN.jpg

Still playing Tetris on a regular basis with the GB color I refurbished as well

5e8UjJw.jpg

Just recently, I finished Hogwart's (& sent it off to college so our daughter & her boyfriend could play it), put in a few more hours on Skyrim, then set it aside to take up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. As for DE:MD, I like it. It feels like the game that I wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to be. (I'm an old cyberpunk/Shadowrun fan.)
I was disappointed by Cyberpunk 2077. I dunno, I felt it had too many things going on and the story was kinda meh.

Still enjoying Red Dead Redemption 2 five years after its release. Flawed, but still a masterpiece.

I'm currently playing Jedi Survivor on PS5. My wife got me that and GoW: Ragnarok for Christmas. I'll play it next.

When my friends are able, we've been enjoying Ready or Not on the PC.

I may as well cross post here:

I used to play a fair bit of chess many years ago, while in highschool & post ...

these days I've somewhat graduated to computer strategy games with similar but much larger possibility matrices, ... civ6 is a good example.
I honestly tend to think of it as an open-ended chess 'real-life' game/sim, where you have to decide when to build a pawn, or knight, or bishop ;)

Add to that research & expansion & military & diplomacy... its really all there, except the rng sometimes really gets on my nerves lol

(a few other games also, like stellaris, victoria2, hearts of iron, etc etc)

I'll add some to the etc etc, fwiw...
did play some wow, but only vanilla + a tiny bit of outlands/lvl70 or whatever they called it

I agree with everyone here that witcher3 is amazingly good...
(so were many others over the years, baldurs gate series, eve online, panzer general 2!! (still holds up today imho), most of the bioshocks, & many many others)

Back