EBAY and PayPal fees will be JUMPING to 12% on May 1st

what about the knife auction or gunbrokers or the other sites like them. they are selling knock off and the real deal and they have some custom made knifes on there auction site to and there fees are no way like ebay.

Ebay had been acting this way for a very long time. Greed has limited their growth and will be their downfall. They could have competed with walmart, amazon etc.

Thanks for the tip on iOffer.com, Richard. I'll have to give them a try. And yes, eBay/Paypal fees are ridiculous and have been getting worse for quite some time. That's why I only use eBay when I'm unable to sell items any other way. You could call them my storefront of last resort.

Sounds like the only one on Ebay making any money from sales is EBAY.

A person used to be able to sell an item and make a few bucks. Now if you price the item to make any money, it probably wont sell as it is priced too high for someone to buy it.

I used to buy/sell on Ebay alot but I dont do it anymore cause it just isnt worth it.

The biggest eBay killer has to be Amazon. More often than not, I'm able to buy an item off Amazon for less than it costs me to buy the same item off eBay. And the more eBay raises their fees, the more the equation tilts in favor of Amazon.

One thing I ALWAYS do is check both places before I buy. Whoever offers the lowest price on the item including shipping normally gets my business.

Last edited:
The biggest eBay killer has to be Amazon. More often than not, I'm able to buy an item off Amazon for less than it costs me to buy the same item off eBay. And the more eBay raises their fees, the more the equation tilts in favor of Amazon.

One thing I ALWAYS do is check both places before I buy. Whoever offers the lowest price on the item including shipping normally gets my business.

yea but do they allow switchblades on there site??

but I mainly sell switchblades. I have some of the other knifes too but the switchblades out sell all of them combine.

Back