Edc domination- Ursus Cub, Firecraft PKO, etc

beachmaster

Gold Member
So I got a little lineup together of some somewhat comparable production edc fixies without thinking about it too much. Thr Jackalope shown is my own knife but I have them manufactured by WRK&T

Bte is as follows

Firecraft PKO- s35vn .011
Ursus Cub- magnacut .017
XK&T Jackalope- S35vn .021
Survive! GSO 3.5 .024

I don't think it gets said enough but it is absolutely amazing how aggressive White River gets with behind the edge thickness on production knives and how successful they remain even with their warranty and how the knives are used.

I have comparably sized knives from other brands that don't cut for piss but that people still love (I have to assume because they haven't experienced a proper knife before) with a bte of like .050 with a 3" blade.

I think I'll do a video where I'll line up the entire segment that I own from every brand for comparison.

1000014550.jpg

White river is really killing it in the edc sized outdoors fixed blade department for sure. Wish they’d get some more recognition. The .017 bte thickness on the cub is seriously great for a woods knife of this size. Feathers and slices so well… plus add in its 62-63rc magnacut at the price point with the amazing kydex and it’s hard to beat for that category of small edc woodys knives. Looking forward to your video and your model being offering in magnacut sometime in the future.

White river is really killing it in the edc sized outdoors fixed blade department for sure. Wish they’d get some more recognition. The .017 bte thickness on the cub is seriously great for a woods knife of this size. Feathers and slices so well… plus add in its 62-63rc magnacut at the price point with the amazing kydex and it’s hard to beat for that category of small edc woodys knives. Looking forward to your video and your model being offering in magnacut sometime in the future.
It's quite an era to live in for options and value!
Thanks, me too!!!

I just got my Ursus Cub in today, and it's one of the few knives I've ever put in my hand and knew immediately I'd be keeping this one for life. What a fantastic handle and blade shape.

That said, I really need Armatus Carry, Roac Gear, Oak City Leather or someone to offer some aftermarket sheath options. Maybe even White River themselves should consider offering some optional sheath options for pocket carry. I took the ferro rod off and put an Ulti Clip on there, but it still isn't ideal for pocket carry. The main issue is that you can't attach on the retention screw side really, and on the opposite side if you attach at the highest point you'll block the thumb ramp entirely. I moved it down just below that so the thumb ramp was clear, but basically the entire knife handle sticks out of the pocket. This knife is begging for a pocket carry solution, so I hope someone offers one sooner than later.

I just got my Ursus Cub in today, and it's one of the few knives I've ever put in my hand and knew immediately I'd be keeping this one for life. What a fantastic handle and blade shape.

That said, I really need Armatus Carry, Roac Gear, Oak City Leather or someone to offer some aftermarket sheath options. Maybe even White River themselves should consider offering some optional sheath options for pocket carry. I took the ferro rod off and put an Ulti Clip on there, but it still isn't ideal for pocket carry. The main issue is that you can't attach on the retention screw side really, and on the opposite side if you attach at the highest point you'll block the thumb ramp entirely. I moved it down just below that so the thumb ramp was clear, but basically the entire knife handle sticks out of the pocket. This knife is begging for a pocket carry solution, so I hope someone offers one sooner than later.
I think there is a way to get around the retention screw/ ulticlip thing, im going to start playing around with it shortly but yes-

This knife is AMAZING, I think it could become WRK&T's flagship just by reputation, and i think the performance/ value THIS ONE knife offers represents us living in the golden age of knife production.

Just wanted to follow up on this topic and say that Matt from Armatus Carry e-mailed me back recently and said to look out for Ursus Cub sheaths in the next couple weeks. I adore the Architect sheath from them for my Guardian 3.2 for pocket carry, I'm going to jump on that as soon as I see it go up.

Just wanted to follow up on this topic and say that Matt from Armatus Carry e-mailed me back recently and said to look out for Ursus Cub sheaths in the next couple weeks. I adore the Architect sheath from them for my Guardian 3.2 for pocket carry, I'm going to jump on that as soon as I see it go up.
I heard that as well! It's smart of the aftermarket to jump on this blade early!

Back