EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

vVAkMi.jpg

I used to always carry a multi-tool. I actually added a pry tool to my EDC because tight nail nicks were getting more difficult with time. So I was using the pry tool to open some of my MT tools. 😅

Then somewhere between COVID, being home a lot, and having a pry tool on hand; I started carrying multi-tools less often.

Even so, I still sometimes carry a pliers-based MT. Often being on my belt, they sadly get neglected in most of my pictures. So I'm making it a point today and that motivated me to carry a straight SAK for a change.

3l90eEd.jpeg

ODE TO A LITTLE MENTIONED, UNDER-APPRECIATED, BUT IMPORTANT PIECE OF KEYCHAIN KIT: THE KEYCHAIN CAPSULE/ PILL FOB, CONTENT AND ACCESSORIES : I have keychain carried this piece of kit at least since my mid-30’s, so it’s not my advancing age (~75 ), coloring my view. But very few people mention that they carry a pill FOB and even less pill medications therein and on their keychains. IMO, except for keys and a small flashlight, my pill fob , as filled and accessorized for my personal needs, is my most important keychain accessory.

Mine is Bison Design’s Medium size fob (~2.75” x ~.5” ). [ I’m not certain That Bison Designs still offers this merch, but a quick check of the internet shows analogous fobs are readily available for sale. ] Mine threads into the ball chain of my keychain. The outside is wrapped in ~12” of 2” Gorilla Tape. Said tape functions for small repairs of all types, blister band-aid, sucking chest wound cover, bandage wrap, fire kindling, and a host of other uses.

Inside my fob I carry : 8, 81mg. Chewable children’s aspirin tablets to treat a heart attack and maybe diminish the chance of many spiraling complications therefrom; about 8 tiny , 100mg. Caffine Tablets; 2-4 generic pseudoephedrine tablets; 4-6 generic, 200mg. Ibuprophen tablets; 4, 500mg. generic Acetaminophen tablets; & 2, generic Benadryl tablets. ( U may also consider lowering some pill numbers to add 2 anti diarrhea, generic Loperamide tablets).

Despite their obvious uses, Certain combinations of these pills are used by some and recommended in certain medical, wilderness or survival kit books, for additional uses. A previous example is using 4 baby aspirin if a heart attack is suspected. Some doctors are telling patients that a bit of caffine ( pill, coffee or dark chocolate ) , along with 400mg. of Ibuprophen and 1000mg. of acetaminophen, is a powerful and effective pain reliever. Cody Lundin’s book, 98.6 Degrees, touts 200mg. of caffeine and 25mg. of pseudoephedrine for a typical large ,healthy. adult male, as a “Go-Pill” energy enhancer. I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND I’M NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE ANY MEDICATION OR ANY COMBINATION OF MEDICATIONS. CHECK WITH YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING ANY MEDICATION , ALONE OR IN COMBIATION. I’M ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT I DO AND HAVE READ. DO NOT RELY ON MY EXPERIENCES OR DISCUSSION FOR YOUR MEDICATION INGESTION DECISIONS.

But, WARNINGS NOTED, I think that carrying an appropriately outfitted keychain pill fob or capsule is a great idea to help ease the strains of daily living and may prove life saving. YMMV, but I’d like to read ur comments and criticisms.

Last edited:
Back